Uhhh, where's my anchor light? Tower help!

Haha, thanks Todd! As I said, I know it's not too bad, but knowing my luck, it will all come in the 20 minutes that I am trying to back up the trailer and put the cover on! I must say though, I'm feeling pretty tired right now, man I miss my younger days!

Damn, don't you guys sleep ????

Hope you have (had) a safe trip Derrick. Can't wait to see more pics if "this years" Benni ..... :)

Safe travels Derrick and enjoy the trip!

Hmmm...... No word from Derrick yet ...... I'm hoping he's basking in glory right now with his new dream boat.

We are waiting patiently on your return Derrick, and want to see LOTS of pics !!!!

Maybe his wife's driving as she can't get him out of the new boat ????

He's here, we made it, almost didn't, but we made it! Here are some pics, then I'll tell the stories.

Now for story time. This is my topic, so I don't care if I hijack it! So got there, beautiful sunny day, as you can see in the pics, left, still a beauty. Got about 1.5 hours from home and the sky turns dark. Get about an hour away and we are getting HAMMERED with rain!! I actually said, out loud, all I ask is that it stops raining long enough to back it in the driveway and get the cover on! 20 minutes, that's all I need. Well wouldn't you know it, about 5 miles from town the rain let's up to a light almost non existing drizzle, we get to the house, nothing!! No rain!! So we get her parked, start drying the seats and putting on the speaker covers, and all hell breaks loose!! It is pouring like crazy, wicked thunder, lighting, you name it!! Frigging wife says, we'll you said you only needed 20 minutes, should have moved faster instead of just looking at it! Haha. So we start throwing the playpen cover on, and much to my dismay, Bennington STILL hasn't changed the template for the tower models to try and stop rain from running directly down the cover, onto the lower horizontal bar, and right on the seat crease, which then falls perfectly into my battery/hub compartment. So I tried my little clip idea, it helps, but no where near enough, water is still running in, so I have a big towel wrapped around the bars in hopes it will do something. Plus it leaks right along the seam over the other lounger, and still runs directly under the bar into the underneath of the starboard lounger as well, plus the little patch leaks where the 'over the bimini' clip is attached. Don't get me wrong, I know it isn't a waterproof solution, but the fact that it acts as a funnel into my main electrical distribution is a very serious problem.

Almost lost it in a speed wobble too, thinking the tongue weight is a bit light, I know the wife was mighty scared!! I'm not going to lie, for a second I questioned what the outcome would be! My late addition of the rub rail protectors never made the journey, so I'll add those later I guess. Hoping if I move the boat forward a little to transition the weight a little farther forward it will also allow the usage of the rear tie down strap that for some reason EZ Loader decided to put directly below the aluminum box mount for the transducer, even though they made an extension for my last one because of the exact same issue.

Looks like all my stereo gear is there. It seemed like it would be a lot easier in my head, now that I'm looking at all of it, I'm thinking I was a moron and should have just stayed stock, true story. Unless your smart and crafty like PDX, Tom and Jim, then by all means!! But I might have some gear for sale!!! Haha either that or I'll just not even put the boat in the water and be ready for next year!! I took the next 3 days off, and as luck should have it, it's supposed to be miserable and raining for the next 3 or 4 days. Good times.

All that being said, I absolutely love the boat! I think it is amazing and gorgeous, and all I can do now is screw it up by cutting holes where they don't belong!

And that's my story.

Glad to hear you both made it safely home other than a ton of serious moisture to deal with. The boat looks absolutely amazing!

Sweet boat Derrick! Love the tower! Very cool! Glad you made it back safely. Sounds like it was borderline there for a little while with the trailer. Glad it turned out good.

Welcome home !! Glad everything worked out. That's a awesome looking Benni !!! Now get out there and enjoy !!!

I'll have to hope for some moments of no rain to take some more pictures, took a bunch under the helm so I could try and figure out what the heck I'm going to do under there!! It's nothing like I planned, yay me! Haha

Thanks for all the back patting though, feels good, so keep it up! Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you need a RED Escalade.

Nice boat, good luck with the cover and the stereo.

It seems like the year of taking delivery and getting rained on as this also happened to me. Don't forget to get some sleep tonight instead of starring out the window at it all night. And throw those shorts out!! I can smell them down here!

Great looking boat! Hope you have some summer left to enjoy it!

Jack

Great looking boat.

Hoping for sunshine for you Pal

Looks like all my stereo gear is there. It seemed like it would be a lot easier in my head, now that I'm looking at all of it, I'm thinking I was a moron and should have just stayed stock, true story. Unless your smart and crafty like PDX, Tom and Jim, then by all means!! But I might have some gear for sale!!! Haha either that or I'll just not even put the boat in the water and be ready for next year!!
If it were me, I'd start the stereo project at the end of this season. That way there would be no pressure to get it done quick. And by the way, congrats!!! Great looking boat.

Wow just got to see the pictures what a beauty. Congrats my friend, Hope the weather lets up for you. ENJOY !!

Back