Ultra Legs iPhone App

Pbakk

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anybody know how to get the Ultra Legs iPhone remote app to identify and connect to the remote sensing unit on the pontoon to enable connectivity?

It just keeps searching but doesn’t connect.

Thanks.

Hello,
Does anybody know how to get the Ultra Legs iPhone remote app to identify and connect to the remote sensing unit on the pontoon to enable connectivity?

It just keeps searching but doesn’t connect.

Thanks.

Do you know if its connecting Bluetooth or Wi-Fi? I only ask because the Sea Legs app surprising connects via a local Wi-Fi network INSTEAD of Bluetooth as I would have expected. Also, another quirk with the Sea Legs app is the Sea Legs do not show up for potential Wi-Fi networks unless I switch off and then back on my Wi-Fi. If I just click into my Wi-Fi options on my iPhone to look for available networks, it wont show until flipping Wi-Fi off and then back on.

Wondering of the Ultra Legs app connects in a similarly wonky kind of way too. Maybe worth trying out.

Do you know if its connecting Bluetooth or Wi-Fi? I only ask because the Sea Legs app surprising connects via a local Wi-Fi network INSTEAD of Bluetooth as I would have expected. Also, another quirk with the Sea Legs app is the Sea Legs do not show up for potential Wi-Fi networks unless I switch off and then back on my Wi-Fi. If I just click into my Wi-Fi options on my iPhone to look for available networks, it wont show until flipping Wi-Fi off and then back on.

Wondering of the Ultra Legs app connects in a similarly wonky kind of way too. Maybe worth trying out.

I was just informed by the dealer that you need a Bluetooth adapter to get the iPhone app to work. You would think that it would be standard these days but I get the feeling they need to control costs.

Anybody have any impressions if Ultra Legs is a financially solid company. The instructions and website seem to behind Sea Legs.

I don’t know. My impression is they are just a smaller company. However, I’ve heard good things about their legs. Maybe its just a market area thing between which of the two is more accessible to get put on a boat.

I don’t know. My impression is they are just a smaller company. However, I’ve heard good things about their legs. Maybe its just a market area thing between which of the two is more accessible to get put on a boat.
As a side note, the Bluetooth adaptor is $600. Something to consider if you are looking at Sea Legs vs Ultra Legs from a price point.

As a side note, the Bluetooth adaptor is $600. Something to consider if you are looking at Sea Legs vs Ultra Legs from a price point.

$600? That would totally be the difference maker for me since the price is otherwise the same. Yikes! Glad connectivity is simply bundled with the Sea Legs.

I try to use the iPhone app for sea legs but it seldom works. It doesn’t accept the password most of the time.

Your app requires a password? Hmmm... Once I connect my phone Wi-Fi to the Sea Legs, all I do is open the app and hit the “power” button in the top right of the app. There is no password to type in. Not sure what’s up with a password. However, are you connecting to the Sea Legs in your Wi-Fi (NOT Bluetooth) settings?

Also...as an aside, my remote has not worked at all, and we’ve been unable to get it to work. Sea Legs said there is a software issue. IF one connects their Sea Legs system to the app system via Wi-Fi, then the remote wont reconnect. They said they are working on it, but did not have any fixes yet.

Back