Under deck wave sheild?

Here is a video. It is worth the cost. On mine all but about 18 inches on the bow is covered .

My situation looks nothing like that, as my front end rides much higher than that. I like looking over the rail when I have it WOT, and fully trimmed out. It looks like only about 5 ‘ of the boat is in the water, if that much.

Last edited:
Not mine ,youtube

I just picked up a new 21 SX, and had the wave shield put on. It seems to rattle quite a bit. Dealer came out and we walked under (it’s on a hoist), and it was not all that taught between the seams. The seams have a rivet every few inches, but the cross beams in between the seams only had one rivet in the middle. He punched in one more rivet in what seemed to be the worst spot, and that helped some, but not fixed completely, so will need more rivets added at the end of the year. Anybody else experience this, and was the solution more rivets? Thanks.

My boat came with the factory installed wave shield and I've never heard it make any sound. In fact, my boat is incredibly quiet even when bouncing over rough seas. The top part of my helm did squeak a bit when it was rough but I squirted some DW-40 in between the foam top and the fiberglas helm and that took care of the problem. My boat is very solid.

I think the noise you're hearing isnt necessarily the wave shield being loose but the water splashing off of it. There are certain conditions that really slap the water up on mine and I could see where someone would think it's something loose ..

Hmmm...I’ve never heard any rattle, noise or any other oddity from our wave shield. I don’t think I’ve heard others that have had this problem, but maybe someone can relate and share. Anyway, the wave shield on my S-series seems very solid. Maybe post some pictures of what you are talking about and see what insights others may have...?

Last edited:
Did they install a wave shield with parts from the factory? Ours never rattled or made any kind of noise.

Next time I’m north (in a week) I’ll take some pics of the underside, or video if I can upload that to this site. I had the dealer out and he agrees there is an unnatural rattling. Happens when I hit about 4000 RPM speed and higher, and it’s mostly heard right where you’d expect the front of the toon’s wake to hit. Should have mentioned this is a Bennington installed wave shield. And maybe because I have only have 2 toons there may be a difference with tri-toon as there is less wave shield to rattle around on the tri-toon?

Jack M. - if you agree to the gas filling review on the other post, I’d also like to check your wave shield vs. how mine is riveted, if that is OK. Thanks for your advice and everyone’s on this site!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you could. If not built yet, they can add it easily when building and it will be much less costly. I added mine after the order was in, within a couple weeks of it actually being built. No issue raised by dealer to add it at that point.

Mine is a 2018 holdover boat and it is not on there. Just wondering if it is something that could be added later

Yes it can be added .Several members on the forum ,have done it themselves

I ordered my boat in February and thought it had the Wave Shield included in the Rough water package. But not sure if that is faulty thinking or wishful thinking. I don't have a build date yet but just reached out to my dealer to see if it's too late to add. I know they don't like to do that once it's confirmed. But I really want this wave shield. I'm getting a SXP 25 with ESP and 250 Yam. I just thought it was included I guess. I'd hate to have to try to add later and I'm not the type of guy that could ever do this myself. Just not that handy with things like that. The website isn't clear to me and I see a Wave option now on the build site, but didn't include it specifically. Hope they let me add it.

I dont remember which member ,but there used to be pics of the install ,but they may have got lost when the forum changed

I ordered my boat in February and thought it had the Wave Shield included in the Rough water package. But not sure if that is faulty thinking or wishful thinking. I don't have a build date yet but just reached out to my dealer to see if it's too late to add. I know they don't like to do that once it's confirmed. But I really want this wave shield. I'm getting a SXP 25 with ESP and 250 Yam. I just thought it was included I guess. I'd hate to have to try to add later and I'm not the type of guy that could ever do this myself. Just not that handy with things like that. The website isn't clear to me and I see a Wave option now on the build site, but didn't include it specifically. Hope they let me add it.
Tell your dealer you know someone else who had it added to order, after confirmation but before build date. So you know it’s possible. Or if they are unwilling to do so, I would contact Bennington directly. Although I’ve not called them to change an order, I’ve called them a couple times before buying and they have been super helpful, and willing to help. I’m sure they would be in this instance as well.

Thanks. I did get a response back from my dealer that they checked my order and it is included with my package. They didn't say which exact package it is part of (e.g. rough water package, ESP,). Just thankful I'm getting it!

Back