Underdeck Components

Triton

Reaction score
As I begin the transition process from v-hull to tri-toon, must adopt a whole new vocabulary. Of particular interest are keels, performance foils, lifting strakes, underdeck wave shield, and rough water package. Am trying to sort out in my mind the function/purpose of each of these underdeck components.

I will take under deck wave shield as I can offer a good review as it didn’t come on original boat but added as an aftermarket. Before the addition while riding and especially in rough water the surge of the waves made for a bumpy ride. After the addition of the wave shield I was amazed at what a better ride.
in addition prior to the wave shield I would occasionally have water coming through puddling on the carpet and streaming back. Never happened after the wave shield installed

Thank you Link & Jack M, feedback and references extremely helpful, just have to etch in my mind. You got me covered, only thing missing is the rough water package that's included with ESP, assume this is something in addition to the underwater wave shield?

Thank you Link & Jack M, feedback and references extremely helpful, just have to etch in my mind. You got me covered, only thing missing is the rough water package that's included with ESP, assume this is something in addition to the underwater wave shield?

For what its worth, I was tinkering with adding the "wave tamer" to my SPS build. My lake can get choppy at times and I wanted to get it the nest suited as I can. Dealer said he doesn't suggest the wave tamer and the additions with the SPS build will be perfect for a nice ride.

If I recall, Bennington used to advertise their rough water package for lakes notorious for big chop, Lake of the Ozarks was one they would use. But something is nagging me that they dont advertise a rough water package any longer...I could totally be incorrect

Last edited:
I have the rough water package on my 2014. At the time of beefed up the spray fins at the front of the toons that softened the blow from a big wave etc.

I have the rough water package on my 2014. At the time of beefed up the spray fins at the front of the toons that softened the blow from a big wave etc.
Does anyone have a picture? Saw some commentary where this is being used to step up onto the boat.

This is the only part that is visible that I am aware of.

Attachments

• BE88E945-7CE6-4586-8CC3-D4294C7F28C9.png
    BE88E945-7CE6-4586-8CC3-D4294C7F28C9.png
    713.5 KB · Views: 29
Not sure if this is still being done as mine is a 2014 so check with your dealer.

Back