Updating a depthfinder?

seven twenty

Reaction score
For those with older units, what have you found to replace the Garmin 90 in the dash. I need to replace mine and want to use the same location. I realize that nothing will be a straight swap but what have you found that fits?  2050FSi   Thx

seven, try calling Garmin and ask them, I would be a little surprised if you can find one with the exact fit is you want the newer features and chartplotter as the industry is looking at larger displays.  If they offer yoy a solution then you can then look for even an out of production model on ebay or somewhere else on the net 

I used a Garmin 431s and only had minimal cutting. Pics are in my gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx for the replies. The issue I'm having is that the current unit was mounted above the steering column between the gauges. This leaves me very little room for a larger unit. With the trend of "big screens", I'm having a hard time finding one that will fit. I really don't want to leave a hole and go with a surface mount but that may be how it ends up.

Will one of the 4" screen models fit?  I checked the dimensions on the 90 and there really isn't a direct Garmin replacement for that size (as your finding out).  Might consider a Lowrance or a Hummingbird and see if one of their models might be more compatible.  Of course going that route would require a transducer change as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back