Upgrading from a 1986 SmokerCraft to a 2013 Bennington 22 SSLX

Pops62

Reaction score
Should I expect a big difference? JK. New here and very excited that we will be picking up a new to us 2013 Bennington 22 SSLX. 111 hours on a Yamaha 90. My wife loves the layout especially the lounge seat facing rear. We pick it up Saturday and are really debating whether we put it in the water this late in the season. We are on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario.

We do actually have a 1986 SmokerCraft. She has been a great old girl. Currently has a 2003 Mercury BigFoot 50 hp 4 stroke attached and will be sorely missed.

You made a good decision, you are going to love your Bennington. Welcome to the forum and don’t hesitate to ask any questions.

Should I expect a big difference? JK. New here and very excited that we will be picking up a new to us 2013 Bennington 22 SSLX. 111 hours on a Yamaha 90. My wife loves the layout especially the lounge seat facing rear. We pick it up Saturday and are really debating whether we put it in the water this late in the season. We are on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario.

We do actually have a 1986 SmokerCraft. She has been a great old girl. Currently has a 2003 Mercury BigFoot 50 hp 4 stroke attached and will be sorely missed.
Welcome ! So it only took you 33 years to get rid of the SmokerCraft. So enjoy your new Bennington,stay on track and you will have her until 2052. Enjoy!

Only a few pics but will have more Saturday. Also has 32" elliptical pontoons and strakes. View attachment 25918View attachment 25919
So I met with the seller and new are all squared away. St
Only a few pics but will have more Saturday. Also has 32" elliptical pontoons and strakes. View attachment 25918View attachment 25919
I have very little information from the seller about this Bennington. We completed our transaction yesterday and other than what I see the paperwork about the boat is very basic. No spec sheet detailing the features on this Bennington. Anyhow, I really like the extended rear deck, which I just found out was an option. Does that make it a 22' and a "rear deck"?
More pics on Saturday.

No, still a 22’. The rear deck does not add to the “registration” length, just gives you lots of nice extra space. Was a “must have” when we ordered our 2017.

Welcome aboard! We love our 2012 24SSL. Kids especially love the rear double lounger. Easily seats 5 teenagers.

I'd dunk your boat at least once for a test run if nothing else. We bought ours right about now back in 2011 and took it out a couple times before winter. I'd have gone nuts over the winter if I hadn't run her.

Welcome aboard! We love our 2012 24SSL. Kids especially love the rear double lounger. Easily seats 5 teenagers.

I'd dunk your boat at least once for a test run if nothing else. We bought ours right about now back in 2011 and took it out a couple times before winter. I'd have gone nuts over the winter if I hadn't run her.
We did get a chance to take it for a spin last Tuesday on Skaneateles Lake but I agree it needs to go in the water for a more serious shake down trip before winter. My wife being the practical one is saying just bring it home and get it ready for winter. We have a dock at our place on Lake Ontario and I can put it in the water on Saturday and bring it back home on Sunday. My big dilemma is Syracuse University plays Clemson Saturday night and I have tickets.

Back