Upgrading to 2021 23SSBX Last Day Questions

Pat and Renee

Reaction score
Current boat is a 22SCWX Rear Loungers with SPS and 150HP Yamaha

New boat will be a 2021 23SSBX ESP.125 (talk to Bennington to get the.125)
Yamaha 250DEC based on reading post in the forum and the local dealer on Lake Erie carriers only Yamaha
If anyone has similar package for sure get me fired up with your performance and of course WOT

The main question is about the raised helm in this floor plan.
I think the raised helm has value and looks nice but is there enough space getting around the helm / rear gate and lounger without jamming a toe now and again? I currently have the bolster seat and it works but not as comfortable.

I trying to fit all the other goodies into the budget and will for sure post the final build sheet and then the actual boat pics once I get back to Lake Erie in the spring. My waiting is not a hard since I'm boating in Tampa Bay area on our current boat.

Enjoy the day and looking forward to putting this process to bed. Almost order another rear lounger until a few weeks ago stopping at dealer that have the swing back with all those seating options.

Didn't have a raised helm on my first boat, have on on my new R25. I love it, and have never come close to banging a toe on the helm floor. IMO it looks and feels much more premium than the flat-floor.

Some folks have commented about possibly stubbing a toe on the raised helm but after five seasons I can say there's been nary a one. Personally, I like my elevated helm a lot better than the bolstered seat on my previous boat.

I had raised helms for 9 years now and never stubbed a toe. Now the door holders ... that’s another story.

We purchased our boat lightly used and got a great deal, I'm adding a few things to it and will have a great boat in the end, however if I ever buy a new one it will have a raised helm.

I’m in the minority but I prefer the flat floor. With that said the raised looks more premium. I did not want it. For me it gets in the way, I also like to be on same level as my co-captain. I have used a Q many times and was not a fan for those reasons.

Current boat is a 22SCWX Rear Loungers with SPS and 150HP Yamaha

New boat will be a 2021 23SSBX ESP.125 (talk to Bennington to get the.125)
Yamaha 250DEC based on reading post in the forum and the local dealer on Lake Erie carriers only Yamaha
If anyone has similar package for sure get me fired up with your performance and of course WOT

The main question is about the raised helm in this floor plan.
I think the raised helm has value and looks nice but is there enough space getting around the helm / rear gate and lounger without jamming a toe now and again? I currently have the bolster seat and it works but not as comfortable.

I trying to fit all the other goodies into the budget and will for sure post the final build sheet and then the actual boat pics once I get back to Lake Erie in the spring. My waiting is not a hard since I'm boating in Tampa Bay area on our current boat.

Enjoy the day and looking forward to putting this process to bed. Almost order another rear lounger until a few weeks ago stopping at dealer that have the swing back with all those seating options.
I went to the boat builder for the SSBX but I didn’t see the elevated helm as an option (maybe I missed it). I looked at over a dozen 22 and 23 foot SSXBX and didn’t see the elevated helm on any. Did you have your dealer price out the L for you? That size swingback has elevated helm as an option. Just food for thought.

Yes dealer said the elevated helm could be added, not sure if it would the L or the LX but thinking one of them?
Going to visit a dealer today and will confirm.

We have never had any space issues or stubbed towers with our raised helm on our 24’ SSBXP. I too prefer the look of it. I am only 5’8”, so any added seating height helps see over guests sitting up front.

Any chance you are able to see some on a showroom floor and judge for yourself?

We just decided on the swing back over the rear loungers and have not seen a raised helm with a swing back yet. I do love the look and being only 5'-7" the height will be nice.
Going to go with it based on that and others say no worries.
Thanks

We bought a used 2019 23SX Premium SSBXP swingback last December and it has the raised helm. Only had it out twice so far but I really like the additional height. Sounds like this is not a common feature on this model. My two cents but I’d get it if I were to ever buy another.

You’ll like an elevated helm. It’s a must have for me, I think it just looks more “high end”.

We have 2020 22SSBX with raised helm and love it. Never an issue with stubbing and I believe you have an extra 6" in that area compared to the 22. You will be glad you did it.

Back