Upholstery color choice

Lakeannaguy

Reaction score
We are in the final decisions of our GPD tritoon - SRS Plus, 175hp, in floor storage, double bimini top, and seagrass floor,  We are going with charcoal grey with matador accent for the panel colors, and not sure if we should go with sandstone for the upholstery or the driftwood for the base color. Our local dealer has no boats in stock so its hard to choose a color without seeing something.  Does the sandstone show much dirt - we do have young kids and it almost looks like an off white color looking at boats on the web.  Does the driftwood get hot?  Any advice would be much appreciated!!  Can't wait for our boat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey our old stomping grounds! Lake Anna! Kept our boat at Sturgeon Creek marina for years! Are you on the water?!?

Give Hoffmasters a call in Woodbridge to see if they have any boats in stock you can look at..........

We are in the final decisions of our GPD tritoon - SRS Plus, 175hp, in floor storage, double bimini top, and seagrass floor,  We are going with charcoal grey with matador accent for the panel colors, and not sure if we should go with sandstone for the upholstery or the driftwood for the base color. Our local dealer has no boats in stock so its hard to choose a color without seeing something.  Does the sandstone show much dirt - we do have young kids and it almost looks like an off white color looking at boats on the web.  Does the driftwood get hot?  Any advice would be much appreciated!!  Can't wait for our boat!

I have the sandstone and had it on my previous boat. You are right it is a grayish white. We had no issues keeping it clean. I have had the new boat with BennTexx upholstery for only a few weeks but my initial impression is it will be easier to keep clean. I had a couple spots and sprayed fantastic and it just wiped clean. I can't speak to how hot driftwood might get but my opinion is every material gets hot if it is really hot out so I don't worry about it to much.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are across the street from the water in Wyndemere,  Thanks for the tip!

If I remember correctly there's also a dealer in Norfolk someplace. I know either      Woodbridge (95) or Norfolk (64) is no fun to drive to but at least you'll be able to see the upholstery before you order. Did they have a boat show at the Expo Center in Fredericksburg this year?!?

The dealer should have a samples in the showroom. If not have him get some from Bennington.

We got Tuscan Dune as we wanted something darker, but after seeing the driftwood, I'd have cheosen that if I'd have seen it in person before ordering. The dealer sample was too small to do it justice. I'd highly recommend driving to a dealer, even if it takes a hour or two, to see it in person. Sandstone was too light for our liking. 

We have the sandstone, it shows dirt but not too bad, but i'm not anal about it like some of these fellas. :p   I would describe it a tan-ish more so than white-ish. I have some pics in my gallery if that helps.  The premium vinyl floor gets hot, the seats, not as much.

I bought in wyndemere over the winter and will be moving our 23r with standstone interior into our boathouse tomorrow or Sunday. We are the last house on Hickory Tree on the right next to the community docks you are more than welcome to come check it out.

The sandstone looks very nice with the smokey granite and since it's a G series if you opt for the sport interior you can get the madator red inserts in the seats which would look awesome. We really liked the looks of the driftwood but were also concerned with how hot it might get since it's so dark. Either color will look great with it and the dark color will get just as dirty as the lighter color it'll just be harder to see what needs cleaning. We ended up with the white interior and so far love it, had some bug juice on it last weekend and it cleaned off really easy.

Unless something changed, in the  G Sport, the red insert option they offer in Sunset red only, and it would be a special request as it does not match Matador. Originally it was offered, but they took it off the options, as it does not accent well. Bennington does a lot of research to ensure cohesive color combos. 

Back