USB Port Question

Reaction score
Have a 2019 22SSRCXDN on order with delivery by dealer in early May. I ordered the standard radio with the 4 speaker kicker upgrade. My question........is there a powered USB port located anywhere on the dash or radio? If yes, is it always powered or only powered when the ignition and/or motor is "on". Reason for question is I want to order a cell phone holder that uses a base that fits into a cupholder......it also is a wireless charging pad that gets power from a USB plug.

Off subject but for all those Mercury Motor users........the Mercury Vessel View Mobile product is on sale for $149.95 (45% off) if you buy direct from Mercury Marine's website. Sale only runs through 3/31/19. This is an excellent product that provides extensive, real time, motor data through a bluetooth connection to a free app on your phone.

Congratulations on your new boat, and welcome to the forums. I’d have to check my boat to answer your question. There is a USB, but I cannot remember the details on powering from it as I never use it.

Where in N. Michigan are you located? Lots of us Michiganders in these forums. Our place is on Houghton Lake. The Vessel View sale has been the talk among us Mercury owners this winter. I think a lot of us bought it with them on sale. I am looking forward to installing it this June. :)

Have a 2019 22SSRCXDN on order with delivery by dealer in early May. I ordered the standard radio with the 4 speaker kicker upgrade. My question........is there a powered USB port located anywhere on the dash or radio? If yes, is it always powered or only powered when the ignition and/or motor is "on". Reason for question is I want to order a cell phone holder that uses a base that fits into a cupholder......it also is a wireless charging pad that gets power from a USB plug.

Off subject but for all those Mercury Motor users........the Mercury Vessel View Mobile product is on sale for $149.95 (45% off) if you buy direct from Mercury Marine's website. Sale only runs through 3/31/19. This is an excellent product that provides extensive, real time, motor data through a bluetooth connection to a free app on your phone.
On my boat I have a usb plug that is powered by a switch on the dash, it is powered independently from the ignition or motor.

Back