Use of 303 on Simtex

Mike31406

Reaction score
I was just on the Bennington Pontoon owners group on Facebook. Several owners stated their dealers told them ok to use 303 products and about an equal said the opposite, just Dawn and warm water. We used 303 extensively on our old Bennington actually have a large bottle gathering dust. Should we or shouldn’t we use it? Confused!

Never use it. Was told not to and it is not on list approved for simtex

Toss it, cant even imagine it would look good...I still use it on my mastercraft tho...great stuff

I was just on the Bennington Pontoon owners group on Facebook. Several owners stated their dealers told them ok to use 303 products and about an equal said the opposite, just Dawn and warm water. We used 303 extensively on our old Bennington actually have a large bottle gathering dust. Should we or shouldn’t we use it? Confused!

I was in the same conundrum as you when we bought our new boat. But I followed the manufacturers', Bennington and Simtex, recommendations not to use 303. We are in our second season with the boat and clean the seats with a white microfiber cloth and water after every couple of outings. The seats are not looking dirty at that point it is just the way we roll. After doing about half the boat we need to get fresh clean water. I am amazed how nothing seems to stick to this fabric. I will also add that when not in use our boat has the playpen cover on and is in a covered slip. As of now we will stick with not using 303.

Thanks for the confirmations. The matter is settled once again. The 303 remains on the shelf!

I think people are confused. 303 is great on Simtex vinyl but not the Simtex "fabric" vinyl. Do not use 303 on the "fabric" Simtex, you are correct.

I use it, looks great.

I use it, looks great.
I'm sure it looks great but it is not recommended on the fabric Simtex from everything I have seen and been told by the dealer. I am not sure what will go wrong if you do use it however but I know they say not to use it, why? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the confirmations. The matter is settled once again. The 303 remains on the shelf!

Are you talking cleaner or protectant. You could use it on the mooring cover?

Are you talking cleaner or protectant. You could use it on the mooring cover?

LIke Semperfi says, using the 303 fabric protectant on the mooring cover is OK. We us it all the time.

I was looking for a Bennington Owners group on FB. Care to share the link or name?

I was looking for a Bennington Owners group on FB. Care to share the link or name?
Bennington Owners Group

Back