Used Bennington's Selling

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
I see a lot of upgrades going on and a lot of new Bennington's being purchased on the Forum. If your trading your boat in or selling out right, do the used Bennington's seem to be selling and just as hot as the new ones are? Holding a good value also ? Curious!

I sold my 2013 Sslx for what I paid. Just lost the sales tax. 

Traded mine. Haven't seen price yet, but I'm sure he'll get a pretty penny for it. I was willing to give up a little for no hassle. It looks like new though and it's a 2011. Someone's gonna get a sweet deal. It cost $37K for a new 21' now. Ours was 22' (not made in 22' model anymore). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold my 2003 Bennington Fsi at the end of last season for 75% of the purchase price in 2002. Had many people interested, first one bought it. Ordered a new 24 sfx.

I lost $2500 trading a 2013 SLX on a 2014 RCW 

I traded in my 2006 2250 GL  115 Mercury  last year and got  60% of what I paid for it. My dealer had 7 different people interested in buying it before they actually took  possession of it. I traded in my 2016 G Series with a 200 HP after only 8 months and I could have sold it from 5 to 10 percent off what i paid easy with the interest I was getting, but it was a hassle  as I am 2 hours from our lake place and many people that were interested were from a long ways away. My dealer and I struck a good deal where we both came out fine. My dealer is giving very good discounts to MSRP  much better than other dealers I checked out which made it more palatable.  The dealer sold  it within 2 weeks.  As my dealer put it, used Bennington's are hard to come by.

Several of the dealers I have been speaking to are saying that pre-loved Benningtons, especially with larger HP engines, are selling as quickly as they can get them reconditioned and put on the lot.  Pontoon market is hot, and one of the best brands seems to be leading the charge.  Good for all of us.

At the end of the 2012 season I traded in my 2008 2250 RLi for approximately $2,500 less than I paid for it.  The boat was in    pristine condition.  Speaking of PADS, I had my first Bennington for 5 seasons and now, when this boating season comes to an end it will be 5 years for this boat.  I wonder if the Mrs. will think it's time for a new build?  I might keep that thought to my self for now!

At the end of the 2012 season I traded in my 2008 2250 RLi for approximately $2,500 less than I paid for it.  The boat was in    pristine condition.  Speaking of PADS, I had my first Bennington for 5 seasons and now, when this boating season comes to an end it will be 5 years for this boat.  I wonder if the Mrs. will think it's time for a new build?  I might keep that thought to my self for now!

Geeeesh, most of us on the forum have the problem of selling the idea of another boat upgrade to our wives. You my friend are the road block to a new Benny. Mine is the wife and college loans! But that will change in time. LOL

Based on new pricing, I'm betting my dealer will be able to get close to what we paid for the boat 4-1/2 years ago (demo price). With tax savings on the trade, winter storage and fall pull fee thrown in, I took a 20% loss from what we paid. I'm quite happy with that, and no "tire kickers" and "lowballers" to contend with. 

My wife would trade up in a heartbeat! She's mentioned it several times. I've shown her the newer up-scaled versions, and that sparkle hits her eyes. But then, she LOVES to spend money. I'm the one that has to keep the anchors secure in our decisions. 

That's how my mother in law is...so she left my wife's dad many years ago for a guy that liked to spend as well!! Moral of the story.....compromise!  

Sounds like the used Benny's must move pretty good. With Bennington back logged (Good for them) used sales should definitely be good.

Thanks again for all of the input !

You guys need to delete this thread...I am thinking now is a good time to upgrade to a Q...PADS, PADS, PADS

I thought the same thing when I saw your boat Landscaper, the black out wasn't available when I bought and I love the look.

Serenity Now, Serenity Now

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a dangerous thread.  It makes it too easy to think: hmm, I wonder what a big horse power ESP G, R, or Q would run me if I flipped around my newly ordered s-series Benny...AND I haven't even taken possession of my new S-series yet.   :blink:

Stop making me think these thoughts.  It would not be healthy for my marriage.  lol.  :lol:

That would depend if you have signed the papers yet .

That would depend if you have signed the papers yet .

Signed and paid for...and sitting at the dealership until my dock and lift is in. Hence, my wife's predictable displeasure if I even mentioned a thought like this.   :p   This forum is like an enabling support group, and I love it!   :)

Back