Vacuum Recommendation for new 2019 Pontoon

Pbakk

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anybody have a recommendation on a portable vacuum to clean pontoon? I like the battery versions of Dyson, but the price is kind of high.

Thanks.

I find that either the carwash or the garden hose with a bucket of soapy water works followed by an air dry. Ive never once in my life needed to vacuum a boat. If the insides of the storage areas get a bit dirty a quick wipe-down with a damp rag does the trick while Im washing the rest of the boat.

I find that either the carwash or the garden hose with a bucket of soapy water works followed by an air dry. Ive never once in my life needed to vacuum a boat. If the insides of the storage areas get a bit dirty a quick wipe-down with a damp rag does the trick while Im washing the rest of the boat.
You need a dog!! HAha:). I vacuum mine all the time. But i also have carpet which you dont see much of anymore.

We use a regular upright vacuum but the boat is a trailer Queen and has her own room in the Garage.

We run the a cordless Dyson through about every time we take the boat out.
A boat full of grade schoolers who think the boat is only a water taxi to a place to play in the sand make it a necessity.
Determined its impossible to get them to clean their feet every time they get in and out. Our 3 kids and usually 3 or 4 of other peoples kids = hundreds of little feet in the boat in a day.
Either spend all day telling them to clean their feet or the wife and I can enjoy the day and not worry about it.
Much easier to vacuum quick while loading supplies on board the next time we take it out.

Very rocky lake with small and large rocks. I have to vacuum those small rocks all the time.

Leaf blower. Nuff said. Blows everything out instantly. Takes about 5 minutes. I have carpet as well, and it works great. About twice a season I hose off the carpet with a bit of detergent and mud stains rinse right out. My boat is a 2009, and it has not been a problem in all those years. Vacuuming is a pain.....I've tried it with a powerful wet/dry shop vac and said "forget it".

I'll second the leaf blower. I have a small battery powered Dewalt that's perfect for the task. Just blow all the small pebbles and crumbs into the lake.

I have a small Home Depot brand handheld vacuum that has worked well for the past four seasons. That said, I might just bring the leaf blower with me next time I'm at the boat!

Ryobi tool box vac .... plus you can get 100 other tools the battery fits .... just sayin... ;)

Thanks for all the feedback. I have the vinyl flooring, but it seems like stuff, like dried bird poop, falls off the cover plus dead bugs, etc. The pontoon is looked at the cabin and I try to avoid electrical cords out by the water. Thanks again.

I use a leaf blower before each trip and a wet cloth for those pesky spider webs. We are on a covered lift so don’t use cover unless expecting an extended period of non use.

I use our cordless leaf blower to clean vinyl seagrass flooring. Then a wet hand towel when needed of things that don’t blow off. Has been the quickest and easiest route for us. Then periodically we do the full dawn dish soap and water cleaning of furniture and interior panels.

Last edited:
......I "third" the leaf blower idea!!! Only use battery or 110vac cord blower as 2 cycle gasoline blowers spit 2 cycle oil droplets which will attract dust. You can take a towel and lightly wipe over upholstery and then blow away all loose dust. Only have to use soap and water on bug poop,spilled pop, etc

In our old boat that had carpet we either used a small wet dry shop vac or our home cordless Shark. Our current boat does have carpet. To clean it we have either used a hose or a broom.

Back