Verado 300

dieduck

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2874 Q with a Verado 300...second time on the water and lost all the power steering fluid...will probably take to marina but wonder if anyone has experienced this problem...Thanks

Hmm, no experience with your situation but it does give me pause. When we took delivery of our new boat the marina showed us the power steering unit and a quart of fluid that is included. I thought that was odd as I've never really had to add steering fluid to anything (car, truck or boat) that I've owned in the past twenty years.

Hopefully this will be a warranty issue with a quick fix. Good luck...

Hmm, no experience with your situation but it does give me pause. When we took delivery of our new boat the marina showed us the power steering unit and a quart of fluid that is included. I thought that was odd as I've never really had to add steering fluid to anything (car, truck or boat) that I've owned in the past twenty years.

Hopefully this will be a warranty issue with a quick fix. Good luck...

If all of the air is not out of a new system, once the air is worked out, there is a possibility more fluid would need to be added.

Recently purchased a 2874 Q with a Verado 300...second time on the water and lost all the power steering fluid...will probably take to marina but wonder if anyone has experienced this problem...Thanks

I had the same problem and it was how they wired it. It was only using the 2nd battery and I was only using the 1st battery. They came back and changed it. No problems since. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If all of the air is not out of a new system, once the air is worked out, there is a possibility more fluid would need to be added.

Fair enough! I appreciate the tip.

Can you see where it leaked out? It could be as simple as a hose connection not tight. I would take a look for a simple fix before handing it back to the dealer. But really it is a warranty issue.

And, i deleted the duplicate post on this subject ;)

Back