VF150 vs. F150

I have P/S on the big boat and hydraulic on the fishing boat.  The only time the hydraulic is inconvenient is when coming into the dock in wind and waves, and you need to shift the motor with your right hand.  Power assist would make it easier but it is doable with out it.  and i am wayyyyyyy past 24.    

Thanks man.  

Well the negotiation didn't go so well. Ended up spending two hours checking out some in stock boats with the missus, reinforced our color and options we picked, got into negotiations and explained what we were hoping to get for a discount that we needed to place the order.  Ended up trying for 14 with no freight rigging charges etc. and explained what the average seemed to be according to my research.  Got the email back with no change to price, LOL.  I did say "Well if we can't come down in price, maybe we'll have to hold off." before we left I figured that would be the ticket.    

Good luck. I haven't priced one of those out but 14 seems low for a new tri-toon. And that is without a motor I would hope. Here is my advise, you can't get missed summers back so a couple more bucks on the payment might be worth it in the long run.

Good luck. I haven't priced one of those out but 14 seems low for a new tri-toon. And that is without a motor I would hope. Here is my advise, you can't get missed summers back so a couple more bucks on the payment might be worth it in the long run.

I think he was talking about 14% off MSRP.

I think he was talking about 14% off MSRP.

Yes I agree with you I was talking about the % off MSRP. He's at roughly 11% including rigging and freight costs. OTD were talking 38 trying to get down to 36. No big options besides sps 150 stereo upgrades and captains chair. but no PS no center toon locker and no extended aft.

Now you can breathe easier!  You are going to love your new Bennie.

Last year we got ours,(specs in sig, pics in gallery)for 38 OTD with trailer, 34,995 show price B&M with a supposed 45,749 msrp. Benni and Suzuki incentives applied maybe $1k.  At the big boat show this year a different marina was showing the same boat with a Yamaha 150, B&M for about 38k.  SPS and a 150 was the right move, that ride will kick ass.    

Yes we are pumped! 

2017 SL

SPS

Yamaha f150b

Solid Regatta Blue

Sandstone Interior with Regatta Blue Accent

Docking Lights

KMC10 Upgrade

Kicker Sub and Amp Upgrade

Striker 4 Graph

Graywood Trapezoid Table

Heavy Duty Rub Rail

Woven Vinyl Slate Floor

Dual Battery with switch

G Series Captain's Chair

Ski Tow Bar

Chrome Logos

Flag Pole

Sharkhide

Not quite all the options but I feel a pretty solid package for our first brand new rig.  

I hope we don't regret not getting the 150 SHO motor! It is just much extra cost that is hard to justify without seeing too many comparisons.

That will be a sweet setup and one heck of a first new boat. Remember to post pics when it arrives.

That will be a sweet setup and one heck of a first new boat. Remember to post pics when it arrives.

I was hoping to get pictures from in the factory! How long on average do you guys wait for your boats this time of year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to get pictures from in the factory! How long on average do you guys wait for your boats this time of year?

The last we heard at spend a day average wait time right now is anywhere from 8 -12 weeks.  Elkhart is only a couple hour drive from here though.....your wait time might be different.  Then you need to figure how many boats your dealer orders.  Normally they wait till they have a truckload before they ship them in.  Probably cheaper freight if they get a full load verses just one boat dropped off.

Yes we are pumped! 

2017 SL

SPS

Yamaha f150b

Solid Regatta Blue

Sandstone Interior with Regatta Blue Accent

Docking Lights

KMC10 Upgrade

Kicker Sub and Amp Upgrade

Striker 4 Graph

Graywood Trapezoid Table

Heavy Duty Rub Rail

Woven Vinyl Slate Floor

Dual Battery with switch

G Series Captain's Chair

Ski Tow Bar

Chrome Logos

Flag Pole

Sharkhide

Not quite all the options but I feel a pretty solid package for our first brand new rig.  

I hope we don't regret not getting the 150 SHO motor! It is just much extra cost that is hard to justify without seeing too many comparisons.

Hi, this is pretty similar to what my wife and I are looking for. Did you get a trailer also?  If you don't mind what was your Out the Door price ? Thanks 

So far have used the hell out of her,  even with the crappy spring-type weather up here! We love it!  

Only thing is the aluminum prop they put on it.  I feel like it is close, but its turning like 6100-6200 rpm, most speed I have gotten is 40. 

I want to get that Reliance SDS 14 1/2 x 15 prop.  The WOT RPM i saw on the Yamaha performance bulletin was 5850. I do not know the specs on the aluminum prop but I will figure it out.  

Could you guys let me know your thoughts?

Thanks

Buck

boat sun.jpg

rearquartergreysky.jpg

Was the 40 mph on gps? Frankly, for a 150, that sounds pretty darn good to me, especially with that aluminum prop. I'll be really curious what you get with the Reliance. Looking forward to an update when you switch the props around.

I top out between 43-45 depending on load, fuel, etc, and that is with my 200 Mercury Verado and a ss enertia prop on my 24' sxp with SDS.

Thanks for the reply! Yes it was on gps . I am too I hope I gain something. With it being a 21 I was hoping she would be over 40.!

With a 21' and a 150 I wouldn't be surprised to see 42-43mph. You put on a stainless prop and do some tuning I'm sure you'll see a difference! Nice looking boat!

Well finally got my prop ordered!  From ebay.  Apparently Yamaha is having problems so props are backordered until September.  I am getting the 14.5 x 15 stainless Yamaha reliance sds.  Do these props come with the SDS hub or do I need to order separate.  Also, I noticed that my motor is hanging from the 2nd hole down from the top.  The performance bulletin says it was at the #1 mounting hole when they tested.  Am I correct to assume that is the top hole?

I had to order the sds spacer separately (didn't come with the prop) I found several sds spacers on Ebay at  great  prices compared to the normal online vendor price.  

########

HOLD ON A SEC!!!!   I just went to the Sim Yamaha site and found this when I looked up the Reliance Prop ----

"THIS PROP NO LONGER NEEDS THE SEPARATE SDS SPACER. YAMAHA CHANGED THE HUB ON THESE PROPS SO THEY NO LONGER REQUIRE THE SPACER."

So.... do your research.... I'm not sure anymore....

i.e. you need to figure out if you have the newer sds prop (no spacer needed ) or older sds prop (needs spacer)

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS PROP NO LONGER NEEDS THE SEPARATE SDS SPACER. YAMAHA CHANGED THE HUB ON THESE PROPS SO THEY NO LONGER REQUIRE THE SPACER.

I just got an SDS prop a few months ago and starting this year (by March at the latest, I believe) every new SDS prop did not require the spacer.  My dealer ordered one and I returned it after putting on the new prop.  You can see from the picture that there are no cutouts on the prop hub for the "tabs" of the spacer to fit into.

/monthly_2017_07/large.5971623d1eb5c_SDSProp.JPG.811ec8d6992ddc4e67148642bca38578.JPG

Back