Vinyl Floor turning tan/ orange

Did they say what caused it?
I was curious also. I asked specifically if there was anything under the flooring like discolored glue or something bleeding up from below.
Nope, they didn't see a thing. They had no clue what caused it, and I didn't push the issue.
Interestingly, the dealer (who is pretty much a one man operation) said I may have to pay the difference between the grades of flooring since my teak was no longer available. But when I picked it up, no charge.

It was weird how the look of it changed with time and weather.
This pic was taken the day I dropped it off:

20210316_104430.jpg

I was curious also. I asked specifically if there was anything under the flooring like discolored glue or something bleeding up from below.
Nope, they didn't see a thing. They had no clue what caused it, and I didn't push the issue.
Interestingly, the dealer (who is pretty much a one man operation) said I may have to pay the difference between the grades of flooring since my teak was no longer available. But when I picked it up, no charge.
Well at least they fixed it that's the main thing!

Happy you got it replaced but I’m bummed to hear the nutmeg teak is no longer available. I’m waiting to hear from Bennington about my floor repair (wood seams lifting) and now it looks like I won’t have my same floor again which sucks since we love the current look.

Did the dealer replace your flooring or did it go back to the factory?
My flooring where it was not covered by the mooring cover discolored after a little more than a year. I have Seagrass pattern which looks stained and developed a striped look
A good part of the time it’s under a shelter
When it’s not in the slip. It discolored in the marina in 6 months or so May thru October. This was only in flooring not covered by the mooring cover.
Dealer says it would be covered under warranty but the boat must be sent back to the factory. Estimate Pre-COVID was 3 months and all accessories I installed must be removed.
I haven’t taken it in to be shipped back to the factory. I’m in Arizona and have covered the front deck area with top materiel to lengthen the floorings life. Maybe next year if supply lines improve.

2019 Bennington 20’ tritoon
Dan

Did the dealer replace your flooring or did it go back to the factory?
My flooring where it was not covered by the mooring cover discolored after a little more than a year. I have Seagrass pattern which looks stained and developed a striped look
A good part of the time it’s under a shelter
When it’s not in the slip. It discolored in the marina in 6 months or so May thru October. This was only in flooring not covered by the mooring cover.
Dealer says it would be covered under warranty but the boat must be sent back to the factory. Estimate Pre-COVID was 3 months and all accessories I installed must be removed.
I haven’t taken it in to be shipped back to the factory. I’m in Arizona and have covered the front deck area with top materiel to lengthen the floorings life. Maybe next year if supply lines improve.

2019 Bennington 20’ tritoon
Dan

The dealer did it all at their facility...and did an excellent job. They are a smaller dealer too.

Mine too was where the sun would beat on the uncovered portion of the deck

I feel there is little point in dealing with a 3 month down time while the flooring is repaired at the factory when presumably there could be another failure in as little as 6 months.
I’ve been thinking of making an .125 aluminum plate and covering it with the padded teak deck and blind fastening it through the front deck. The transition would be at most .125 plus twice the thickness of the surface cover. Alternatively only .125 aluminum plus one thickness of deck cover with a thin piece of 3/16 “” teak lath to cover the transition.
The transition would take place beneath the bow door area so the change in bow deck materials would be hardly noticeable most of the time.
Dan

Reviving this thread from earlier.
Happy to report that my dealer and Bennington did an excellent job of replacing my flooring under warranty.
It continued to get worse over time as you can see compared to earlier pictures in this thread.
The last pic is the replacement (different pattern) as they didn't offer this same Teak style.. which is fine with me.
Again, very pleased with Bennington and Taylor Marine in Belleville IL

View attachment 29521View attachment 29522View attachment 29523
I have the same flooring and problem, did you go to Bennington or the dealer? It has progressively got worst over the years.

Attachments

• 20220505_181911.jpg
    20220505_181911.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220505_181904.jpg
    20220505_181904.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 22
You should always go through your dealer . If you don't agree with your dealers decision. There are email links available to contact Bennington.

how to clean seat fabric
Since this is a good question, but off topic for this thread (unless you are talking about having similar stains), I am redirecting you to do a search (upper right hand corner of page) as there are multiple threads over the years about this topic.

To assist, rhetorical questions here to guide your search: is your boat a newer boat with Simtex seating fabric (2016/17 - newer) or older traditional marine vinyl seats?

If the newer Simtex seating fabric, there are 1-2 stickied threads that have nothing but the manufacturer Simtex cleaning instructions. I think you’ll find the answers you are looking for, or just create a separate thread…or go to one focused on cleaning, to get ideas from current owners.

Last edited:
The vinyl flooring on my 2016 Bennington is turning tan to orange in spots. This will not come off. There are multiple places this is happening. There has been no abuse or anything spilled on the floor.
Is this a problem that the warranty would cover? what should I do?View attachment 23337
I have exactly the same problem with my 2016 Bennington. It appears to me we have the same vinyl flooring. It is not sunscreen or bug spray. It started last summer and is getting worse. Dealer suggested to use the “303” brand cleaner. No improvement. Salesman says not his area, service has never heard of such a thing. Guess it’s back to service, I’m getting my teeth into this issue. Photos show back deck no problem. 66E0952E-C456-4B67-95B5-27E5D5AB1A10.jpeg2C3347EC-7B5E-4DDD-8805-EF3CB936A286.jpegAD2C463E-ACA4-446A-B5AC-F8399772D779.jpeg

Attachments

• 32B5A6DD-93E2-4D1D-A4E2-1392F076F7FB.jpeg
    32B5A6DD-93E2-4D1D-A4E2-1392F076F7FB.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 7
Bennington had a batch of bad glue a few years ago . Contact Bennington with your hull ID . I don't have the contact information with me right now . You can search in the upper right, I will post it tomorrow

Gosh, Sue. That looks awful. Definitely get your dealer all over that.

This is what my 2016 looks like. I am suspecting this a reaction to the sun. No stains/discoloration inside the gate, only the back deck whis is always exposed to afternoon sun while moored.

Attachments

• 6449F7DE-75D4-41AA-8414-A5F8D8CF1003.jpeg
    6449F7DE-75D4-41AA-8414-A5F8D8CF1003.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 9F3B5E86-BAEC-49EC-8F93-5029593FCBAB.jpeg
    9F3B5E86-BAEC-49EC-8F93-5029593FCBAB.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 10
  • 3E368C7E-F61F-4EE4-A9FC-F68837858839.jpeg
    3E368C7E-F61F-4EE4-A9FC-F68837858839.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 10
Back