Waiting for new toon to be rigged

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Always had big center console boats rigged for offshore fishing. Wife never went because she couldn't manage to get her short (5') frame into the boats. Reached an age where the offshore trips were getting too punishing, so moved to Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Tx. Sold the big boat and decided on a Bennington that could satisfy my fishing urge and allow the wife some creature comforts and ease of entry and regress.
Decided on a Bennington 22SF with the 4 fishing chairs, but kept the "changing curtain" for her. Looking like a nice rig. Power is a 150 hp Yamaha, upgraded all seats, live well forward of the console and ski pylon for the grandkids. Upgraded the Kicker radio and speakers, express package, lifting strakes, rough water package, saltwater package, heavy duty rub rail and stainless dock lights. Dealer adding Minnkota Ulterra 80# troll motor, Perko battery switch, Humminbird 12" Solix on the console and Humminbird Helix 9" on the bow. Two AGM batteries for troll motor and Interstate for starting. NOCO 3 bank charger to keep everything ready to go. Decided not to get the trailer and keeping it on a Hydra Hoist lift for ready access. Did I mention I like to fish???

Welcome aboard. PICS are mandatory... ;):D

Welcome LakeFisher. Yes pontoons are versatile and one boat can satisfy and fill all the different needs and desires

Get ready to be impressed. Bennington pontoons can satisfy almost any boating style and have the highest quality in the industry.

Welcome to the family.

Congratulations. Not sure if you have thought about this, but based on your set up, you should give fishing a try. :D

Sounds like you have a great vision for what you want, and ordered the right Bennington to meet those needs. I hope you, the wife, and all your family/guests have fun in the upcoming years on the new Bennington.

Welcome LakeFisher. We trailer our Bennington to Lake Conroe from our house in Kingwood pretty often. Hope to see you there. What part of the lake did you move to

Lakefisher, welcome aboard. As previously stated, post some pictures when you get her. Get ready to be impressed...

Welcome LakeFisher - I’m on Lake Conroe, in Walden. Look forward to seeing you on the lake - once my Bennington gets delivered - build date of Feb 6 :)

Decided not to get the trailer and keeping it on a Hydra Hoist lift for ready access.

Congratulations on the new Bennington.
We salt water fished for years and came to the same decision to stick to lakes. It's a lot of work to be on the ocean.

Do you have a picture of your Hydro Hoist set up for the Bennington?

Good decision on buying a Bennington and welcome to the forum. Have you considered the SPS package over the Express? How about power steering, we wouldn’t, or maybe should say couldn’t, be without ours. It’s abit pricy but in my opinion a real game changer. “Buy your last boat first,” a wise member of this forum once told me that. I’m so glad I listened.

Congrats on the move to lake Conroe. If we leave Florida it will be for that lake. We liked it out there when we visited a couple years ago.

Always had big center console boats rigged for offshore fishing. Wife never went because she couldn't manage to get her short (5') frame into the boats. Reached an age where the offshore trips were getting too punishing, so moved to Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Tx. Sold the big boat and decided on a Bennington that could satisfy my fishing urge and allow the wife some creature comforts and ease of entry and regress.
Decided on a Bennington 22SF with the 4 fishing chairs, but kept the "changing curtain" for her. Looking like a nice rig. Power is a 150 hp Yamaha, upgraded all seats, live well forward of the console and ski pylon for the grandkids. Upgraded the Kicker radio and speakers, express package, lifting strakes, rough water package, saltwater package, heavy duty rub rail and stainless dock lights. Dealer adding Minnkota Ulterra 80# troll motor, Perko battery switch, Humminbird 12" Solix on the console and Humminbird Helix 9" on the bow. Two AGM batteries for troll motor and Interstate for starting. NOCO 3 bank charger to keep everything ready to go. Decided not to get the trailer and keeping it on a Hydra Hoist lift for ready access. Did I mention I like to fish???
LakeFisher, what is the Rough Water Package? The used 2016 I am buying is supposed to have this option. I thought I knew what it is, but now am unsure.
Thanks, Mike

57E0B9CA-7EFE-4483-B44E-AEE393EA2DB2.jpeg

On mine the splash guards on each side of the front of the toons is reinforced.

Back