Waiting...Patiently?

Decker23

Reaction score
Hello all.   Just joined.  I've been following along for the last 2 months.    My wife doesn't want to talk about boats anymore with me so I figured I'd finally join this crew since there is no shortage of enthusiasm on the topic in this forum.  Currently waiting on a build date, I've had my order in since the Detroit Boat show back mid Feb.    I made a change about a week after it was originally ordered to upgrade from 90 to 115, then about a week and a half ago the dealer sent me the order confirmation from Bennington...Still no build date.   Originally we were told 8-12 weeks so I was thinking Mid May latest.  

As it's been commented on this forum there is a delay in the supply chain somewhere and  my dealer is now estimating Early June.   

Sold my prior pontoon about a month ago.  We have friends and neighbors with boats we can use and spend days on but you know it's not the same.     The boat we ended up ordering is 23 GSB...Just went with 2 toons vs 3 since we live on a smaller inland lake in SE Michigan (about 600 acres) so we really aren't after the speed or watersports...with this boat just wanted to spend the funds up top....Kids wanted things that glow, Wife wanted flooring upgrade, I wanted the Sport interior....It's amazing how quickly the upgrades add up...But I don't think I have to tell you all about that.   

I love seeing the photos especially the new ones being built, unwrapped and being delivered.     I'm hoping my dealer is just under promising so he can wow me at the end.   

I do have a question....How long after receiving the order confirmation from Bennington until I should expect a build date...Any Ideas or estimates? 

No idea. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum!!!

Welcome aboard! It took me about 4 weeks after confirmation to get my build date.

Welcome onto the forums.  I'm very excited for you. We have a new Bennington this year too.  Being from Michigan myself, what lake will you be boating on?

As for your question, I put my order into Bennington mid-December, and we never got a clear build date until sometime in Feb.  I want to say it was something like 6...maybe 8 weeks.  Boat was set somewhere around the beginning of March.

Welcome aboard!  Can't help with the build date since ours was about 5 years ago, but welcome to the forum!  Post some pics when you get it.

I know there are a lot of lurkers out there, and I'd encourage each of you to do what Decker just did and make that first post...  First one's the hardest.

Welcome to the Family!! Build dates right now are changing due to supplier abilities. Your dealer is really the only one that can give you that estimated date. This time of year is typically 12 weeks out, as it's their busiest time. With the supplier side throwing some monkey wrenches in there, it's probably pushing out even further. Just sit back and enjoy the "loaners" as need be. It will be worth the wait. 

Those that have ordered know that the wait time can be painful but this forum provides some relief.  :)   Looking forward to seeing some pix

Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place to discuss pontoons and not be judged. I'm over in Howell so not too far from you.

We ordered our on Feb 4th and it's on the assembly line as we speak, hopefully we get to see it in person this weekend. The email I received about our furniture holdup made it sound like those delays were only for the R and Q series furniture but there may be other model issues as well. It was probably 3 weeks after our initial order on receiving the build date which was supposed to be March 24th but the furniture hadn't arrived at that time.

We are in  very similar positions decker! I too have a boat on order and am currently waiting on a build date. But I am decidedly behind you in line! I live on Williams Lake which is next to white lake near the Oakland county airport. There seem to be a few of us here from the area. That's great! 

We had a 20 ft manitou that we were happy with until the wind storm we had a few weeks back blew a pine tree on top of it. :/ 

Now I ordered a 22 ssbxp swingback. Regatta blue with smoke granite accent. Blackout edition with a Yamaha 115. Driftwood interior, lights, upgraded stereo, and other this and thats. Before you know it, we spent our insurance settlement along with that much more!  So excited to get a bennington though. 

I'm bummed that you haven't gotten your build date yet. We ordered ours just a couple of weeks ago, so We are looking around July 1st. 

Once we get it, I will post some pics as well. I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :)

Welcome to the club and congradulations on your new purchase! Good thing you already have ordered before informing us here as we have a tendency to bump the budget up!! :)  pics are must!!

Thanks everyone...I really appreciate the info I've gained from you all not just in this topic but the hundreds of others in this forum....Dave thats going to be a sharp looking boat!   I loved the blackout but when we went to the g series that's one of the things we had to take off the table.   I made a deal with the wife...I picked the floor plan and she could pick the colors..champagne with smoke granite accent along with the sport upholstery in driftwood.   Just talking about it right now makes me want to add that blackout back but I'm not going to risk being pushed back any further.    I will let everyone know when I hear news from the dealer..might help some others get an idea of what to expect moving forward in 17.

I have been lurking on here for a while as well, but am probably the closest to the situation you are in.  I too ordered my Bennington at the Detroit boat show in February.  I received my confirmation number from Bennington on February 27th.  I found out on March 29th from the dealer that my build date was April 6th.  I haven't heard any updates since then.  The dealer was estimating everything would be ready for delivery in the third week of April.  So that will be between 7 and 8 weeks after order confirmation that I will be (hopefully!) receiving the boat.  This pretty much falls into the 8-12 weeks.

In case you are looking for details, I bought a 24spdx with base furniture so I didn't have to worry about the furniture holdup.

Thanks J.   Keep me posted on any updates you get if you don't mind...and I guess I'll be the first to tell you to send pics as soon as it arrives...shouldn't be much longer for you now.

I loved the blackout but when we went to the g series that's one of the things we had to take off the table ...I made a deal with the wife...I picked the floor plan and she could pick the colors..champagne with smoke granite accent along with the sport upholstery in driftwood.   

Lol!! That's how PADS works. Get it now, or regret it later when the PADS hits. TRUST US!!! We've seen what the disease can do to you ....  :D

Look at it this way, it's probably only $20/month or so depending on your financing. That's one night of eating out ....... what's more important? That eat out meal, or that sweet looking Blackout option ..... trust me, I know the answer ....  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol!! That's how PADS works. Get it now, or regret it later when the PADS hits. TRUST US!!! We've seen what the disease can do to you ....  :D

Look at it this way, it's probably only $20/month or so depending on your financing. That's one night of eating out ....... what's more important? That eat out meal, or that sweet looking Blackout option ..... trust me, I know the answer ....  ;)

Oh yes we have seen what PADS can do to you . I will be taking possession of my 2nd new Bennington in 10 months in just a few days now. So I have basically been waiting for a new  Bennington for 5 of the last 10 months. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back