Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Waiting...Patiently?

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by Decker23, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Decker23

Decker23 Member

Ha!   That's what my salesman said .  I'm trying to look at the bright side...probably saved myself from having to listen to one of my kids crying because they burnt themselves on that hot black railing

Vikingstaff likes this.
  2. 1Blderbob

1Blderbob Well-Known Member

Semp,where do you go out to eat? I can't seem to get away for less than $50.

cwag911 likes this.
  3. Spoonman

Spoonman Well-Known Member

Congrats.  I ordered mine on 3/31, the last day of the Yamaha 2 year warranty extension (not sure if they extended it).  My dealer had a slot he was holding for me, but told me it would probably be in around the end of May, which puts it at 8 weeks, give or take.  I'm ok if it is a bit longer, but seeing all these new boats getting delivered is making me anxious:).

Vikingstaff and Dave M like this.
  4. 1Blderbob

1Blderbob Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new Benny to be. We all know you'll love the boat. But it's the " I SHOULD HAVES" that always catch up to you in the middle of the night. And some times it actually causes night sweats. Welcome to the group Decker!

Vikingstaff likes this.
  5. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

Dollar menu ....  :D    

Yeah, guess I should have bumped that up a little. So at a liberal $40, you could get Blackout AND some other goodies!!!

Vikingstaff, adkboater and 1Blderbob like this.
  6. FloatBoatn

FloatBoatn New Member

Doing a little fact finding. Do dealers know if a build date has been changed or are they just sent the initial build date confirmation? 

7. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

The one  I have dealt with received updates on mine .

Have you asked them ? 

8. FloatBoatn

FloatBoatn New Member

Yes- not very transparent to say the least. The dealer gave me a build date that was six days ago and said they had no access to information until shipping when I asked today. I contacted Bennington and they gave a prompt reply- which was awesome! The build date is actually at the end of this month- definitely not April 6th. I not complaining about the additional wait, I'm just questioning the transparency of this process. 

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  9. lakeliving

lakeliving Well-Known Member

Dealer issue. Clearly Bennington has the information, dealer is not following through.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  10. Mike31406

Mike31406 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club.  Hope you get good news soon.

11. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

Sadly, if I was a dealer I'd probably try to bide time instead of losing an order. It's not like losing a $600 TV sale cause the load didn't show up. What some dealers don't realize though, is most consumers will accept the truth, maybe not happily, but if you tell them the truth, you have a better chance of future  usiness and referrals vs. none! 

12. jgates0

jgates0 Member

As a final update I received word yesterday that the boat has arrived at the dealership.  Now all that is left is to sign some paper and schedule delivery.  So the order was approved by Bennington on February 27th and it arrived at the dealer on April 12th for a 6.5 week turnaround.  Hopefully your boat follows a similar schedule.  I'll post some photos once it gets delivered.

Vikingstaff, Decker23 and Michiman like this.
  13. Michiman

Michiman Well-Known Member

Wow, lot's of new Benny owners and particularly up here in Michigan. Welcome to all and follow through on the pictures and specs once delivered. Oh, and don't forget to keep posting as Kaydano mentioned.

Exciting times around here for sure. Come on summer!

Vikingstaff likes this.
  14. Decker23

Decker23 Member

Great news!   6 1/2 week turn time is nothing to sneeze at.    I'd be happy with even a 10 or 12 week turn time so the fact that yours was done and to the dealer in 6 1/2 weeks gives me hope!    Don't forget to post pics once you get them.   Once again Congrats on the new baby.....I mean boat!  

Vikingstaff likes this.
  15. jgates0

jgates0 Member

Agreed, 6 1/2 weeks was quicker than I expected.  I think the dealer originally told be 6-10 weeks but who knows with those guys.  I was getting nervous that the boat wouldn't be done for a while, but once the build date was finalized everything moved really fast.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  16. lakeliving

I'm guessing this was through Wilson Marine. They have ALOT of pull with Bennington being one of, if not their biggest volume dealers.

17. Decker23

Decker23 Member

Just got some good news from the Dealer (Wilsons)...They received a build date...5/4/17, so if all goes as planned I should be in the water by Memorial day!

18. jgates0

jgates0 Member

You are correct sir.

Congratulations!  I'm sure that is a big relief for you.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  19. lakeliving

Won't be long now!

20. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

Just to make you all feel good. We signed in October. Boat delivered mid March, so technically we waited 4-1/2 months .....  ;)

Maybe that will ease the pain a little.   :D

Vikingstaff likes this.