Waiting...Patiently?

Ha!   That's what my salesman said .  I'm trying to look at the bright side...probably saved myself from having to listen to one of my kids crying because they burnt themselves on that hot black railing

Look at it this way, it's probably only $20/month or so depending on your financing. That's one night of eating out ....... what's more important? That eat out meal, or that sweet looking Blackout option ..... trust me, I know the answer ....  ;)

Semp,where do you go out to eat? I can't seem to get away for less than $50.

Congrats.  I ordered mine on 3/31, the last day of the Yamaha 2 year warranty extension (not sure if they extended it).  My dealer had a slot he was holding for me, but told me it would probably be in around the end of May, which puts it at 8 weeks, give or take.  I'm ok if it is a bit longer, but seeing all these new boats getting delivered is making me anxious:).

Congrats on the new Benny to be. We all know you'll love the boat. But it's the " I SHOULD HAVES" that always catch up to you in the middle of the night. And some times it actually causes night sweats. Welcome to the group Decker!

Semp,where do you go out to eat? I can't seem to get away for less than $50.

Dollar menu ....  :D    

Yeah, guess I should have bumped that up a little. So at a liberal $40, you could get Blackout AND some other goodies!!!

Doing a little fact finding. Do dealers know if a build date has been changed or are they just sent the initial build date confirmation? 

The one  I have dealt with received updates on mine .

Have you asked them ? 

Yes- not very transparent to say the least. The dealer gave me a build date that was six days ago and said they had no access to information until shipping when I asked today. I contacted Bennington and they gave a prompt reply- which was awesome! The build date is actually at the end of this month- definitely not April 6th. I not complaining about the additional wait, I'm just questioning the transparency of this process. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealer issue. Clearly Bennington has the information, dealer is not following through.

Welcome to the club.  Hope you get good news soon.

Sadly, if I was a dealer I'd probably try to bide time instead of losing an order. It's not like losing a $600 TV sale cause the load didn't show up. What some dealers don't realize though, is most consumers will accept the truth, maybe not happily, but if you tell them the truth, you have a better chance of future  usiness and referrals vs. none! 

Thanks J.   Keep me posted on any updates you get if you don't mind...and I guess I'll be the first to tell you to send pics as soon as it arrives...shouldn't be much longer for you now.

As a final update I received word yesterday that the boat has arrived at the dealership.  Now all that is left is to sign some paper and schedule delivery.  So the order was approved by Bennington on February 27th and it arrived at the dealer on April 12th for a 6.5 week turnaround.  Hopefully your boat follows a similar schedule.  I'll post some photos once it gets delivered.

Wow, lot's of new Benny owners and particularly up here in Michigan. Welcome to all and follow through on the pictures and specs once delivered. Oh, and don't forget to keep posting as Kaydano mentioned.

Exciting times around here for sure. Come on summer!

As a final update I received word yesterday that the boat has arrived at the dealership.  Now all that is left is to sign some paper and schedule delivery.  So the order was approved by Bennington on February 27th and it arrived at the dealer on April 12th for a 6.5 week turnaround.  Hopefully your boat follows a similar schedule.  I'll post some photos once it gets delivered.

Great news!   6 1/2 week turn time is nothing to sneeze at.    I'd be happy with even a 10 or 12 week turn time so the fact that yours was done and to the dealer in 6 1/2 weeks gives me hope!    Don't forget to post pics once you get them.   Once again Congrats on the new baby.....I mean boat!  

Great news!   6 1/2 week turn time is nothing to sneeze at.    I'd be happy with even a 10 or 12 week turn time so the fact that yours was done and to the dealer in 6 1/2 weeks gives me hope!    Don't forget to post pics once you get them.   Once again Congrats on the new baby.....I mean boat!  

Agreed, 6 1/2 weeks was quicker than I expected.  I think the dealer originally told be 6-10 weeks but who knows with those guys.  I was getting nervous that the boat wouldn't be done for a while, but once the build date was finalized everything moved really fast.

I'm guessing this was through Wilson Marine. They have ALOT of pull with Bennington being one of, if not their biggest volume dealers.

I'm guessing this was through Wilson Marine. They have ALOT of pull with Bennington being one of, if not their biggest volume dealers.

You are correct sir.

Just got some good news from the Dealer (Wilsons)...They received a build date...5/4/17, so if all goes as planned I should be in the water by Memorial day!

Congratulations!  I'm sure that is a big relief for you.

Won't be long now!

Just to make you all feel good. We signed in October. Boat delivered mid March, so technically we waited 4-1/2 months .....  ;)

Maybe that will ease the pain a little.   :D

Back