Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Want to add Bimini accent lights

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself Projects' started by BHR23SB, May 12, 2019.

1. BHR23SB

BHR23SB New Member

So just got my new R23. LOVE IT! But...my old benny had lights built into the Bimini top. And my new one doesn’t. Does anyone know of a kit i could get to add to my new boat? Also, can i wire the lights up to the white nav light wires that go thru the frame?
    Thanks for any help.

Vikingstaff and Dan Rothweiler like this.
  2. Michiman

Michiman Well-Known Member

Welcome and post some pictures! Unfortunately, I can't help you out with a kit or wiring suggestion. Hopefully some of our resident electrical experts will chime in.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  3. Link

Link Moderator

One of the Bennington boats at Sacandaga did their own and looks the same as my factory install, if I run into him at the lake I will ask for details

4. BHR23SB

BHR23SB New Member

That would be wonderful. Thank you!

5. kozzy

kozzy Member

I would say this is a rather easy install..check out https://www.superbrightleds.com. I have gotten cockpit and underwater lighting from them before. Prob drill a few holes in the minini rail and slide them in. i would absolutely wire them to the white NAV light, I got these on my new Bennington, and thats exactly how they are wired. Im pretty good with aftermarket installs, this sounds like it would be rather simple. I have done cockpit lighting in my sea ray before, easy peasy...

Vikingstaff likes this.
  6. kozzy

kozzy Member

make sure when you join the wires, use marine grade wire and heat shrink the connections FYI

7. BHR23SB

BHR23SB New Member

Thanks for the tips! I will try the site. I am fairly handy. Will let you know how it goes.

Love this forum!

Vikingstaff likes this.