Warranty Help?

Shawn

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to start out by saying that thus far we really enjoy our 2011 24SLi. Unfortunately, our season is over in Ohio and we are patiently waiting for warmer spring weather. With that said, I would like TB to weigh in with some advice...

Our boat has been at the dealer since 10/14 for winterization and warranty work. The winterization is done, however, the boat sits at the dealer awaiting warranty repairs. The problem is that the stitching on my front port side seat was coming apart. The first inquiry with the dealer in mid-November indicated that Bennington wanted the dealer to make a stitching repair, however, upon further investigation there was some other damage to the same seat and the dealer thought replacement was the better option. I left that call waiting to hear back...

In mid December I called the dealer again and was told that Bennington agreed to replace the seat under warranty, however, they were still waiting on the seat to be shipped. It seems that as of right now I'm at 2+ months waiting for a warranty repair on a damaged seat. Seems like the boat could have been ordered, built, shipped, and delivered in the amount of time I'm waiting for one warranty repair.

The big reason I bought the Bennington over the South Bay was the warranty. I will say that this is a minor repair, however, I have no intention on going back to pick up the boat and then bringing it back in the spring for the repair (this was suggested as an option during the last call). Also, I will mention again that I'm in Ohio - I don't need the boat for another 3-4 months. However, this type of delay would be unacceptable at any other time of year.

So, TB, can you help figure out this warranty work? I'd much rather make payments and look at my boat in the driveway then wonder whats going on at the dealer...

Thanks. Shawn

Shawn: I had a warranty repair on my seat (a broken stop on the armrest). I simply took the seat off the pedestal, stored the boat for the winter and left the seat at the dealer for the repair. I couldn't pick it up before they closed for the winter, so they happily agreed to keep it for me over the winter.

Problem solved!!!

Hello,

I'd like to start out by saying that thus far we really enjoy our 2011 24SLi. Unfortunately, our season is over in Ohio and we are patiently waiting for warmer spring weather. With that said, I would like TB to weigh in with some advice...

Our boat has been at the dealer since 10/14 for winterization and warranty work. The winterization is done, however, the boat sits at the dealer awaiting warranty repairs. The problem is that the stitching on my front port side seat was coming apart. The first inquiry with the dealer in mid-November indicated that Bennington wanted the dealer to make a stitching repair, however, upon further investigation there was some other damage to the same seat and the dealer thought replacement was the better option. I left that call waiting to hear back...

In mid December I called the dealer again and was told that Bennington agreed to replace the seat under warranty, however, they were still waiting on the seat to be shipped. It seems that as of right now I'm at 2+ months waiting for a warranty repair on a damaged seat. Seems like the boat could have been ordered, built, shipped, and delivered in the amount of time I'm waiting for one warranty repair.

The big reason I bought the Bennington over the South Bay was the warranty. I will say that this is a minor repair, however, I have no intention on going back to pick up the boat and then bringing it back in the spring for the repair (this was suggested as an option during the last call). Also, I will mention again that I'm in Ohio - I don't need the boat for another 3-4 months. However, this type of delay would be unacceptable at any other time of year.

So, TB, can you help figure out this warranty work? I'd much rather make payments and look at my boat in the driveway then wonder whats going on at the dealer...

Thanks. Shawn

That is great news that they agreed to replace the seat for you under warranty. I would keep talking to my dealer to make sure they are following up.

Hello,

Thanks. Shawn
Hi Shawn, thank you for your question. Without diving into the specifics of dates/times/etc., please allow us to explain the processes in place through our Customer Support area. Our first goal is to get our customers back on the water asap. Many minor furniture and vinyl repairs can be done by the dealer or a local source, and it sounds like this was our first suggestion (to be paid under warranty). When it was determined that a full seat skin replacement was a better solution, we would give the dealer pre-authorization, then await the dealer's order for the part. Due to the complexity of all our color, model and floorplan configurations, all aluminum fabrication and furniture replacements are CUSTOM, with a 3 week turn around time from order date to ship date(sometimes longer in season.) Sounds like your furniture part is ordered and in process, but TB isn't sure exactly when the part was ordered. Your dealer may have made an assumption that you would not need the boat for the winter, and therefore did not expedite the order? This would be an honest mistake, as many folks say "no rush" during the winter months. We're sorry for your delay.

We run our facility 49 weeks a year, 5-6 days a week, but we do take 2 weeks off at Christmas! We give everyone at the plant the same vacation schedule each year so it's "all hands on deck" and 100% teamwork while we're rolling.

Please PM us if we can be of further assistance with your order. Perhaps your dealer has some insight into date of order, etc.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply TB. Called again today and the seat is still not in. The dealer last followed up around boat show time (1 month ago) - said he would call again but it appeared that Bennington did not place the "order" for the part. So far, I've owned the boat since July 3. It's been at the dealer since October. This continues to be frustrating, however, it is winter in Ohio so I'm trying to take this in stride. The dealer was apologetic, however, someone seems to be dropping the ball here. TB, I'll be happy to PM with my name, dealer name, etc. if you think it will help.

Shawn

Thanks for the reply TB. Called again today and the seat is still not in. The dealer last followed up around boat show time (1 month ago) - said he would call again but it appeared that Bennington did not place the "order" for the part. So far, I've owned the boat since July 3. It's been at the dealer since October. This continues to be frustrating, however, it is winter in Ohio so I'm trying to take this in stride. The dealer was apologetic, however, someone seems to be dropping the ball here. TB, I'll be happy to PM with my name, dealer name, etc. if you think it will help.

Shawn
Yes, please send TB a personal message with the specifics...something is not according to plan! Please send serial #, dealer name, etc. and we'll get 'er done. We apologize and thanks for getting back with us before the warm weather hits! TB

TB,

PM sent. Thank you.

Shawn

Back