Water Drains (Gauge Trays)

azray007

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I read on a post a long time ago where someone addressed the water that puddles below the gauge clusters.  I am considering drilling a hole to let the water out, but doing so would allow the water to flow to close to my electrical connections.  Has anyone made drain holes and if so, did you do anything to direct the flow of the water?  What did you use? 

I believe they are standard now.  I plan on it, in certain brass compression fittings for tubing there is a piece that goes into the tubing to prevent it from being squashed when tightening.  This piece has a bevel on one end that would sit down into a drain hole with a similar bevel(chamfer).  Lowes or Home Depot should have the tubing and the fittings, you might find the little brass tubes as individual parts.  If you can find a tee you can connect this to your cup holder drains.

Why is there water accumulating below the gauges in the first place??? Are you leaving the cover off or is it leaking???

Why is there water accumulating below the gauges in the first place??? Are you leaving the cover off or is it leaking???
It is not leaking. When I use the boat multiple times a day, I don't always put the cover on. There are drains in lots of other places on the boat, so why not there! I like some of the solutions that I saw other members post... thanks to all for your solutions!

Back