Water level swim platform

Richard Foisy

Reaction score
Previously we owned a deck boat which had a water level swim platform which we really enjoyed. It was a great place to sit with our legs in the water or swim from . Last summer was our first season with the Bennington and I have to say we missed the swim platform. This fall I built one . It attaches with an aluminum plate between the floor and bottom fence rail with 2 stainless steel eyebolts ( no tools). It double folds to get it out of the way while traveling and can be easily moved to a couple locations on the boat or removed . I have attached a 1”web strap with a snap to raise ,lower and secure it in the raised position (not shown) . We weight tested it in the shop with myself and my wife ( total 320 lb) stepping on and sitting . It seems sturdy and fairly easy to get on and off while holding on to the fence . We will test it more on the lake this next summer.

C5D6AD52-FBE8-4BDB-948B-8F96B763C6F6.jpeg 3EA5E4F0-59D9-4778-98F7-F39DFAE26971.jpeg 636E9831-079A-47B2-B341-E9C8B13845AE.jpeg

That won’t dent the log, will it?

No ,the areas that contact the log are quite broad with a pad and the log is convex. I don’t anticipate an issue .

Richard, very nice design! I think if I were you I'd see about getting a patent and selling the idea to a manufacturer. Seems like maybe you should have been an engineer rather than a farmer. Then again, that's probably where you got your creativeness.

Thanks for your kind words . Well, I have been down the patent road before. It is expensive and it is my$ against the challengers $$$$$. Mostly I enjoy sharing ideas and am happy that part of my brain is still creative☺️ If Bennington or someone wants to give it a go ,everyone will win! I am just the seed.

Back