Water on floor

afterfive

Reaction score
I just picked up 2009 25RLI and after a few trips noticed water getting carpet wet about front center.i assume this is where the most water hits underneath. I took a look wood seems find but I assume it gets saturated and starts comming through. Was wandering what to use?

Waterproof decking spray
That stuff they advertise on TV where he cuts is boat In half?

Any suggestions was going to a section at a time.

You can install a wave shied . Others here have done that

Agree with Jack. Wave shield. It will not only prevent the water from coming through the floor but it will greatly improve your ride quality. The water won't be hitting your crossmembers eliminating the surging that occurs. But I understand you might not want to go through the expense or time involved in installing a waveshield right in the middle of the season. Try that Flexseal. It can only help. That stuff does work

Agree with Jack. Wave shield. It will not only prevent the water from coming through the floor but it will greatly improve your ride quality. The water won't be hitting your crossmembers eliminating the surging that occurs. But I understand you might not want to go through the expense or time involved in installing a waveshield right in the middle of the season. Try that Flexseal. It can only help. That stuff does work
That's it flexseal could not remember. Yes that is what I would try first.but I was not sure if it is okay with bennington in case they warrenty any thing.i emailed them as well no reply yet

A 2009 would not be under warranty.

Only problem I see with the flexseal is now water that may broach from the Top(ie rain) won’t be able to go anywhere. Your wood would saturate and won’t be able to properly breathe to dry out, eventually causing rot.

I believe the wave shield is the best option as it will protect the underside but still have an air gap allowing the wood to breathe.

Last edited:
A friend of mine had an almost new 24' Tritoon that was getting a large wet spot in the middle of the floor as well a couple of years ago. We found that the factory had missed the cross member on assembly, then corrected it but never filled the hole. We filled the hole with silicone and it hasn't leaked since.

A friend of mine had an almost new 24' Tritoon that was getting a large wet spot in the middle of the floor as well a couple of years ago. We found that the factory had missed the cross member on assembly, then corrected it but never filled the hole. We filled the hole with silicone and it hasn't leaked since.
What do you mean by missed?

What do you mean by missed?
They drilled a hole in the deck for the bolt but missed the cross member. They drilled another hole 1/2" beside it but didn't fill the original hole, so since it didn't have a wave shield the water splashed up and came through the hole to get the carpet wet. BTW, it wasn't a Bennington.

I just picked up 2009 25RLI and after a few trips noticed water getting carpet wet about front center.i assume this is where the most water hits underneath. I took a look wood seems find but I assume it gets saturated and starts comming through. Was wandering what to use?

Waterproof decking spray
That stuff they advertise on TV where he cuts is boat In half?

Any suggestions was going to a section at a time.

Back