Water Slamming up under boat

Mr B

Reaction score
I am a new owner to Bennington, but have been around boats most of my life. I have a 2019 Bennington SX20 with a 90hp Yahama.

My question for all is, have you experienced the splash of water coming off the toons to the inside and slamming up against the bottom of the boat. This creates vibration and slows the boat. Happens in clam water and choppy water. I do have the splash shields installed, which made it better, but it still slows the boat. Thanks for any input.

When you say splash shields just want to ensure that you mean Underskinning because that should take care of the problem you described

When you say splash shields just want to ensure that you mean Underskinning because that should take care of the problem you described
Dealer installed Bennington Wave Shield. Still get lots of water slamming under deck.

You may want to add the Wavetaimer to the bow. That may be where water is hitting the bottom. Just a guess?

Not familiar with the Wavetaimer, what is this?

It covers the first 10%-15% part under the pontoon that the wave shield does not cover.

Last edited:
Thanks, I see. But, the water hits under the boat about 1/2 way back - where the wave shied is currently installed.

If you have the under skin then unfortunately that is just the way a pontoon/tritoon will preform.

It may be related to the support "blocks" towards the rear, and can be remedied with the help of an aluminum fabricator (weld or bolt-on):

Also, can you post some pictures of your underskinning, looking from the bow towards the stern/transom?

Here's a photo of what I had added to the flat spots that are about 3'-4' front the stern.

Attachments

• Engine Pod Addition.jpg
    Engine Pod Addition.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 45
Also, can you post some pictures of your underskinning, looking from the bow towards the stern/transom?
My boat does not have support blocks at rear.

Attachments

• Rear Underside.jpg
    Rear Underside.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Wave Shield.jpg
    Wave Shield.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 35
You are feeling waves hitting the wave shield, the wave shield helps with loss of mph but at times you can still feel it. Nature of the beast. Happy pontooning!

Back