Wavetamer

Kozzie2020

Reaction score
Could someone please send a photo of the Wavetamer on a 32” twin elliptical.

Today, for the first time I had a look at my new pontoon boat , a Twin Elliptical Salt Water Series 22SS. Looks great but the Wavetamer I ordered was missing. The dealer brought it to my attention and said not to worry he will have one specially made. I just want a photo of a factory fitted Wavetamer so it can be matched. Thanks

Hey Kozzie...... Do a search for..... under deck wave shield? by the-little-B and a bunch of information/pics will come up.

Hey Kozzie...... Do a search for..... under deck wave shield? by the-little-B and a bunch of information/pics will come up.
Thanks BigKahuna! I’m having trouble following your instruction. I can’t find this little ‘b’ you mentioned.

The underside of my Twin Elliptical Performance Package looks different to the video and the photo is of an Express Tube setup.
If there is anyone who could take a photo of the Twin Elliptical Performance Package Wavetamer it would be much appreciated.

I'd probably press your dealer to order the factory parts and make sure it'll be covered by the 10 year warranty, unless they are willing to (and put in writing somewhere in the purchase paperwork) give you their own 10+ year warranty on their underdeck solution.

In my opinion: The price of pontoons nowadays should mean that what you pay for is what you absolutely get...either from the factory or added on using factory parts.

Besides, it should be your dealer that should know the products well enough to match it themselves, and not making you feel that this burden is yours

I'd probably press your dealer to order the factory parts and make sure it'll be covered by the 10 year warranty, unless they are willing to (and put in writing somewhere in the purchase paperwork) give you their own 10+ year warranty on their underdeck solution.

In my opinion: The price of pontoons nowadays should mean that what you pay for is what you absolutely get...either from the factory or added on using factory parts.

Besides, it should be your dealer that should know the products well enough to match it themselves, and not making you feel that this burden is yours
Good point. The dealer said it will be covered by warranty but I would love to get a photo to see how these Wavetamers are fitted. It may even end up being better than factory. Nevertheless a bit disappointing.

From my understanding, the wave tamer is a complement to the under deck wave shield (which covers the entire underside of the boat save for the first foot or so). The wavertamer is the additional piece that extends the under deck wave shield all the way to the very front cross member and wraps upward to the deck. IMO, it is unnecessary even with dual log pontoons as the water doesn’t begin to hit the underside of the boat until a few feet farther back thanks to the deflector fins welded onto the front of the logs.

Attachments

• D0D521EA-91DF-4279-B35C-47647B01EA79.jpeg
    D0D521EA-91DF-4279-B35C-47647B01EA79.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 56
From my understanding, the wave tamer is a complement to the under deck wave shield (which covers the entire underside of the boat save for the first foot or so). The wavertamer is the additional piece that extends the under deck wave shield all the way to the very front cross member and wraps upward to the deck. IMO, it is unnecessary even with dual log pontoons as the water doesn’t begin to hit the underside of the boat until a few feet farther back thanks to the deflector fins welded onto the front of the logs.
Yes you’re right and can be a bit of a nuisance if you want to access any cabling in the bow. I really wanted the Wavetamer for cosmetic reasons. Didn’t like the look of the ply, looks a little unfinished to me. Just a personal thing.

Yes you’re right and can be a bit of a nuisance if you want to access any cabling in the bow. I really wanted the Wavetamer for cosmetic reasons. Didn’t like the look of the ply, looks a little unfinished to me. Just a personal thing.
When is your head down there?? :)

Don't sweat it Kozzie. Let the dealer make it right for you by either 1) Constructing the aluminum underskinning onsite. It consists of aluminum panels, rivets and/or screws. 2) Refunding the build cost of the underskinning and you can take on the project yourself. Your dealer is willing to do it. Let them! Also, there aren't too many active members on this forum that have the 2- 32" elliptical package. That is why you haven't seen any pics as of yet......

Last edited:
Don't sweat it Kozzie. Let the dealer make it right for you by either 1) Constructing the aluminum underskinning onsite. It consists of aluminum panels, rivets and/or screws. 2) Refunding the build cost of the underskinning and you can take on the project yourself. Your dealer is willing to do it. Let them! Also, there aren't to many active members on this forum that have the 2- 32" elliptical package. That is why you haven't seen any pics as of yet......
Yeah no big deal BigKahuna. I’ll send some photos when we get it in the water.

We have the ellipticals. On our 2015 model the U-bolt for the trailer winch strap is mounted on the 2nd crossmember. You would not be able to skin that part in. Check under the decking.

Here’s a photo of my boat and I see what you mean regarding the trailer winch strap U-bolt. Now I’m even more confused about how the Wavetamer should look.

Attachments

• 2CD982E9-099F-4BCD-8A49-37569735B22A.jpeg
    2CD982E9-099F-4BCD-8A49-37569735B22A.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 78
I will go in the barn (-2C) and look under. Your underskinning looks different to what I remember.

Photo of locally fitted ‘Wavetamer To Bow’ with lowered trailer winch strap U-bolt. Looks pretty neat.

Attachments

• 1B538E46-8340-419E-8200-2622CC0F9772.jpeg
    1B538E46-8340-419E-8200-2622CC0F9772.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 54
Looks great! If you are running in salt water with the typical wave/wake conditions, you will be happy to have a fully shrouded tunnel. Our previous pontoon had one and I miss it. It improves ride, noise and is worth a few HP too. They aren't called wave tamers and shields for nothin'!

Photo of locally fitted ‘Wavetamer To Bow’ with lowered trailer winch strap U-bolt. Looks pretty neat.
I like the way they gave you an attachment for the winch strap. I hope it is strong enough to pull the boat up. There is a lot of force on that attachment.

Back