Waxing youre logs

bassn429

Reaction score
Got a brand new pontoon in Nov. and was wondering if anyone just waxes their logs [not polish] they havent even seen the water yet. and was also wondering if u hand wax or use a buffer and what kind of wax do u use. Come on spring i need to bust the boats cherry :D

bassn, i don't know about wax, i have to wonder how well it would hold up over time. but i have not tried it, maybe someone who has will chime in with an opinion. i would recommend putting Sharkhide on them before you hit the water. after a full summer of boating, ours still look new, and cleaning them is easy.

oh and buy the way we dont leave our boat in all summer . Its on a trailer in the backyard . We are more camping and weekend warriors. So any help would be wonderful.

Talked to a gentleman back in october he had used a product called Woody Wax on his tubes.They had not been cleaned yet and they still looked nice.The boat had been in water from March till October.I bought a bottle and was going to use it till this shine craze got stated.

Are u sure he used the woody wax on his pontoons and not something else. :D :D :D :D Where do u get that wax never heard of it.

Back