We have officially moved into a new phase of boating with children (photo inside)

goldnrod24

Reaction score
If you boat with children, you will be able to relate to our adventure and boating with young children is ALWAYS an adventure. Spending the day on the water while juggling naps, meals, potty stops (or those dreaded swim diapers) and meltdowns are usually part of the deal. Plus, there is that content need of hanging on to them while underway out of fear they will blow (or fall) overboard. Yes, it's a different kind of boating experience regardless of whether they are your own kids, grandkids or guests' kids.

This summer, our grandkids are 10 and "almost" 8. We have turned the page. They are now capable of fully enjoying the pontoon boating experience with little drain on the adults. They independently roam the boat, feed themselves and choose to satisfy their bathroom and catnap needs without prompting or fuss. As you can see in the photo below, they even look after each other while underway without a nervous adult needing to secure them.

Yes, all of us were able to enjoy a day on the water together. I love it when a plan comes together.

Now, with all of that said, while out and about on Saturday, we spotted a friend's new (other brand) pontoon at the sandbar under their 22 year old daughter's command, complete with several of her young adult friends, Am I ready for that? Oh hell no. I'm gonna enjoy the next 10-15 years as they are before I am ready to remain on the firm while the youngsters take over! LOL.

Happy boating!

August 2020 boating fun.JPGAugust 2020 boating fun #2.JPG

Nothing kids like more than cruising on a boat while crunching on some Crunchy Cheetos. 8)

Awesome! How nice. You have a great run of exciting times ahead with this transition. :)

Back