We just got our boat!

Debbie T

Reaction score
We just picked up our boat and I wondered if you all could answer a few questions as we are newbies! First what is the best chemical to clean the seats with! Is there something else you clean the sea grass with? It is a 2016 25RSRX with a new Mercury 300. I haven't had a boat for 30 years and trying to dock it and get it on our lift was scary. It's 10' wide and I guess we just need to practice. Any tips on docking also would be appreciated. We were suppose to get it April 1st but the motor was back ordered. Certainly didn't want it on Memorial weekend. We may just go to the dock and sit in the boat all weekend. . We are over the moon with this boat! Have a wonderful and safe weekend!

congrats on the new Benny and welcome to the forum! We want pics! variety of good cleaners. I use 303. Do a search here in the forum for "Vinyl cleaners". Blue Dawn (keep it handy). Someone post just a few days ago about something they found that worked just as good. Don't remember the name. Just keep those Cheetos and colored Gatorades off the boat! We also supply all towels when we have guests on board. Some cheaper beach type towels have dyes that tend to run when wet. Especially if they are new. I bought a supply of white "Bennington" towels. Guests think it kinda classy looking when they get on board. Like the nice terry clothe robes they have laying out for you at a fancy 5 star! Your boat is a beast compared to mine. I can swing that puppy around anything and run it up on the trailer in 1 pass. Some of the members with the bigger boats can certainly give you advise. No shortage of that here. But I have learned it is all valuable and useful! These guys know their stuff! And their boats!
Once again. Congrats on the new Benny. Welcome to the House of Bennington, as I like to say. Stay active on the board! And post pics!

Debbie, welcome to the family! Remember to post some pictures when you get a chance. With your's being a 2016, I think you still have the vinyl seats so I would recommend spraying them with 303 Aerospace Protectant. That stuff is excellent and should eliminate the need for any chemical cleaners. I'd also suggest that you keep your boat covered when not in use.

As for the docking, practice does make perfect! Always come in no faster than you're willing to hit a fixed object (in other words, go slow)! Keeping your bimini top down if it's windy will also help. I don't have a lift so I'm sure those that do will chime in with some words of wisdom.

With that 300 on back, you're going to really love your new boat. Enjoy...

congrats on the new Benny and welcome to the forum! We want pics! variety of good cleaners. I use 303. Do a search here in the forum for "Vinyl cleaners". Blue Dawn (keep it handy). Someone post just a few days ago about something they found that worked just as good. Don't remember the name. Just keep those Cheetos and colored Gatorades off the boat! We also supply all towels when we have guests on board. Some cheaper beach type towels have dyes that tend to run when wet. Especially if they are new. I bought a supply of white "Bennington" towels. Guests think it kinda classy looking when they get on board. Like the nice terry clothe robes they have laying out for you at a fancy 5 star! Your boat is a beast compared to mine. I can swing that puppy around anything and run it up on the trailer in 1 pass. Some of the members with the bigger boats can certainly give you advise. No shortage of that here. But I have learned it is all valuable and useful! These guys know their stuff! And their boats!
Once again. Congrats on the new Benny. Welcome to the House of Bennington, as I like to say. Stay active on the board! And post pics!
Hey Tex, I like your idea of the white "Bennington" towels! I'm assuming that you just went out somewhere and purchased some nice white towels, not some official Bennington product, right?

WAAHHHH...nope! I got the "official" Bennington branded white towels from the "Bennington Gear" website.

https://benningtongear.gopremierpro.com/shop/product/BENT1

Guests are really impressed when they get on board. Makes'em feel "special"! After all, they are on a "5-star" boat! When they leave, they leave towels on board. I wash, dry and roll'em. And all is ready for the next outing. We also provide "Bennington" koozies when on board. I have a heck of a time keeping up with those suckers! They tend to walk-off! Go figure!20170428_141857 (2017-04-28T14_18_57.000).jpg 20170428_141710 (2017-04-28T14_17_10.000).jpg

Well, I'll be a son-of-a-gun. Thanks for the link!

Welcome to the forum Debbie and Congrats! I believe you are the first on this forum that has a boat with a 10 ft. beam. I've seen some at the boat show. It's like having your living room on the water! Pretty cool!

Congratulations on your new Bennington. How exciting! Like the others, I’m looking forward to pictures as well. Love checking out eveyrone’s new boats. Especially when it has a 300 Mercury hanging off the back. A fellow Merc owner too.

10 ft wide - wow! You are the first one I have read about owning one. Is it on a lift? When docking or putting on a trailer slower is better as stated several times. Practice, Practice and practice some more. Plus one on the 303 products, they are great. Curious what your dealor recommended for cleaning/maintaining. Congratulations on joining the Bennington family. Now we need pictures and specifications.

Welcome aboard and... pics pics we want pics. They’re mandatory ya know ... :D
Just sitting on the boat at the dock is almost as enjoyable as sitting on it in in a cove. ;)

What he said. Plus -- when things aren't looking right, abort and start over. Bad things happen when you try too long to salvage a deteriorating situation.

303 all we use on any vinyl or leather.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180709-202939_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180709-202939_Samsung Internet.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
Back