Welcome to Club Bennington

Congratulations 

108672185.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pittsburg and fastmnstealth

Actually a steel shed from Carolina carports.  18X36 foot slab with a 10 foot high X 12 foot wide front door and a 10X10 on the back.  They do not show the 10X12 on their website.  Why I do not know.  The big front door makes it easy to pull in and back out.  If you call the company they will tell you how to order.  It was somewhat humorous as the guy where I ordered it kept telling me I could not order a 12 foot wide door.  I had to insist he call the company to prove that I could.  Bet he sells a bunch of them now that he knows about it.

I started off with the intention of buying a Sweetwater 2 log with a 90 or 115 on the back.

Was pricing and asked the salesman about a ski bar.  Informed me that I needed 3 tubes with strakes (Sweetwater’s “total” package).  Got to thinking that I had not done enough homework.  6 months later I had more than doubled my $$ to purchase.  It came down to a Harris or the Bennington.  I ordered the Bennington in Aug.   Wish I could have bought a boat from that salesman that steered me into what I needed.  Did go back to thank him later.  

anyone know the cost of getting a second bimini on my g2550?

Good afternoon everyone, 

We are pleased to announce that we have purchased not only our first pontoon boat but a Bennington Pontoon. 

Got an excellent deal on a brand new, 2014 SL21 and upgraded to the Evinrude Etec 115.

I am not new to boating but am new to pontoon boating - I hope to leverage off all your ideas, resources and knowledge. 

Safe boating everyone!!!

Welcome aboard FoxSL21!

You have made a wise choice with you new toy, and i am sure you will love it, but we have a saying around here, pics or it aint true :lol:

By all means, browse the forum for the wealth of information contained here, and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

And there is a search function so take advantage of years worth of questions/ comments and bs found here! If I see one more new thread on 303 I'm going to jump out of my 10th floor window at work!

Geoffrey & Brenda - Thank you for the welcome note -- as per pictures, I will be sure to take some on Tuesday when we pick her up. 

Lakeliving - Hahahaha, please don't !!! I have already looked at a few regarding the 115 etec engine and how they don't belong on pontoons :p  

Here is a couple photos of the day we bought it. 

It is a new, 2014 model we bought out of the showroom. We are expecting all the rigging to be done by end of week. 

We added: 

- BBQ on stand

- Pump out toilet

- Humminbird Helix 5 GPS

- LED lighting on bimini/camper frame and around the seating/lounge area

- Minn Kota Electric anchor

- Maxed out with Evinrude 115HP

Where do you folks order your Bennington accessories from? Does it have to be from the Bennington dealer where we bought out boat? (They are pretty inflated) 

ayvaboat.jpg

bennington21sl.jpg

benningtonlounge.jpg

Anything Bennington must come from the dealer. Bennington does not sell to the public.

Greetings.  We’re putting the new Q 28 Lake of the Ozarks Edition in the water this weekend.  I’m thinking this will be the perfect day boat for Lake Ouachita.

I enjoy the forum and hope to gain more knowledge as the weeks go by.

Bill and Pam Lovvorn

2015 Q 28, windshield and arch

rough water package

all the bells and whistles

Congrats and welcome to the zoo.           :p

That is absolutely gorgeous woodhog.  I would like to hear what your options are in adding shade to the front.  Good luck and keep us posted

Gorgeous boat.  Is it the 8.2L?  Shade is nice but IMHO a front Bimini will kill the look of the boat.

Back