Well it's that time of year again :(

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Well, just finished winterizing the boat, pretty much at least. Fluids are changed. Waiting for my dealer to get in some more Yamaha grease to do the nipples and the shaft, prop shaft you dirty minds! Still have to take the batteries and gear out, but enough for today. They are ripping up and re paving the highway to where I store the boat so wanted to avoid the tar stage. We were pleased with it this year, made it out twice as many times as last year. For those of you keeping track, that means we made it out 4 times this year! Haha. Not quite 36 hours on the motor yet. At least the wife seemed more pleased and isn't talking about selling it yet! Haha

Bummer. At least you got her out a little more this year ...... LOL!!

We hope to have a month yet, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only been out once since we took the boat out and put it on the trailer.......got real spoiled having it across the street from our house in a slip. It was just so easy to uncover it and Go!

Winterize?!? Not for at least another month or so....

We have until October 1st to get our boat out. That's when the slip owner will be pulling the docks. Looking for a local place to get it winterized and wrapped. One of those things we are not looking forward too - we've loved going out on our first boat.

Four times....wow. It is up to the weather when I pull mine. They are not drawing down our lake this year so right before the water temps freeze my sack off I'll be pulling the dock and lift out, then up to the dealer for some items. I am thinking October some time. I am banking on el-nino this winter!

I'm out already for the winter. Between work and trips, it doesn't make sense to leave it in any longer. Damn northern weather. Although this past Saturday in Wisconsin was one of the hottest days of the summer on the boat for us.

Sorry, Derrick. I guess I sort of 'winterized' mine today too. A little different process though; I just finished up 6 nights out on Lake Powell and decided to just leave it there from now on. No real need to winterize. We're planning on spending Thanksgiving on the boat this year now that we have the enclosure. :)  

It is still over 100 here. I have not even hit my favorite boating time, which is the middle of Sept to June. I know at some point I will have to "winterize." As previously mentioned, that includes throwing a sweatshirt on board and only one bag of ice in the cooler. :D

Cheers, Steve

We had a big frost warning last night for a large area(big chunk of Manitoba and Saskatchewan). Heck I had to put a sweater on while doing the winterizing, wife was wearing a toque! Haha, mostly because it was windy and we were tucked in the shade of the house and boat. Don't get me wrong, there will probably be a few more nice days for boating, and if you are into fishing than there's still a lot of days, but if it isn't 27C or higher, the wife could care less to be on the boat. plus the water was only about 66-67F which our young nephew did not enjoy! Haha 

Can't believe it's that chilly already Derrick.....it's been a long hot pretty much rainless summer for us. I'm ready for summer to come to an end.....not ready for sweaters and coats!

We get to swim usually through September and ride through Ocotober. Last two seasons I covered and raised out of the water for the winter last weekend of Ocotober. Had a lot of rain this year and did not to spend as much time on the lake as last year so I may try to stretch into November if weather permits.

After having multiple days in the 90's this week yesterday took a turn for the worse, high was low 70's.  Not giving in but I see the writing on the wall

Love fall boating and wouldn't miss it. We said goodbye to the inland lakes last weekend, and are shifting over to Lake Michigan. 

In spring and early summer, the big lake takes so long to warm up...it can be 80 inland and 55 out on the water. So that's inland-lake season. This time of year, with that massive body of water, it can be 60 inland, and 67 out on the water. Time to do some bigwater traveling. Boat comes out of the water for the season on October 17th weather permitting. Off to storage on the 18th. Sad to hear people pulling already. But...because...Canada.   :)

Back