Wet Sounds

Nightro

Reaction score
Question, I upgraded my sound system to the wet sounds "super system" $1600.00 option and I still really do not know what I am getting for the price. Does anyone know what this includes? I would like to know details like sub and speaker models etc. the brochure is way to vague. It just say upgrade.

Question, I upgraded my sound system to the wet sounds "super system" $1600.00 option and I still really do not know what I am getting for the price. Does anyone know what this includes? I would like to know details like sub and speaker models etc. the brochure is way to vague. It just say upgrade.
Search feature above right: thanks to bulldogOkay, here's the scoop, it has 2 Rev 8 tower speakers, 2 HT-4 amps, the HT-AS10 500w self powered sub/amp in the helm. The tower speakers are bridged to one amp, giving them about 300w a piece, the rest of the in boat speakers (should all be XS-650's) run off the other amp. All Wet Sounds of course.

Derrick

I added the as-10 and added the syndicate amps to my boat and thy work great. Next up is changing the kickers to either the blue led wetsounds 6.5's or going with JL Audios

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody comment on the difference between the wet sounds speakers vs the illuminated kicker speakers? Is it worth $900 or so?

I wonder this same question. I do know speakers can't sound proper without an amp.

It looks like the kickers are a new design this year so they made some improvements over the past setup

I do have the amp and the sub ordered. I figured i could upgrade the speakers later if they are underwhelming. However, I could probably change the order now if the wet sounds are worth it.

What model is the "wet sounds super system" on ?  I ordered the speakers and the amp & sub neither is listed as a $1600 option 

Update ,I see you ordered a 2550 GBR 

I don't have wet sounds, just the blue led Kickers and the sony bluetooth. was reading that these speakers are only getting 12 watts and there are pre-outs for each channel on the back of the stereo. If so it shouldn't be too hard to wire up a couple amps and give the speakers the power they really need. Kicker has always been a great brand, I just think they need more power. I have a couple Lepai 20 watt amps that should hook up to see. I might do that this weekend. The only thing I noticed about my audio package I didn't like was there are no speakers in the aft loungers and their audio comes from the speaker in the helm which makes it hard to hear whats goin on if your sitting in the captains chair....

I may also add a couple of the same kickers there..

I read a review on them, and they provide clean sound at higher sound levels and doesn't sound like they are as good at low power levels.  I know my Kicker's sound great at mid sound level (~15-20) which is fine for a sound level during fast cruising (20 mph).  Hope you like them and let us know what you think as I would consider them on my next boat.

Not sure what the "super sound system" is. The REV 8's are the tower model setup. I'm sure with some power the Kicker will sound good, I'm also sure that the Wet Sounds XS -650'S sound AWESOME when you put the power to them. The people at Wet Sounds are great to deal with and that is part of what makes them the best in the business. I will see what I can find out as far as what is included in the option you are talking about

Thanks everyone, I do not have a tower so not sure what they would do in place of the Rev 8 tower speakers.

Thanks everyone, I do not have a tower so not sure what they would do in place of the Rev 8 tower speakers.
Woohoo I can quote again!! It definitely has nothing to do with the REV8's as those by themselves carry an almost $1200 price tag. I'm thinking that it is the AS-10 sub, and the HT4 amp (shown as around a $1200 sub/amp upgrade) but it would still have Kicker speakers. So I think the $1600 is that, plus switching out the Kickers for full Wet Sounds 6.5's as well. I asked my dealer and she didn't know of anything extra yet. I couldn't remember your boat model at the time as that can make a bit of a difference too.

Derrick,

How much of an improvement are the wet sounds 6.5's over the kickers? Night and day or a slight improvement. Also, anybody know if they are hard to change out on your own? It looks like they go for $325 for a pair. Thus to replace the 4 on my boat would be cheaper than buying them through the dealer on the boat.

Derrick,

How much of an improvement are the wet sounds 6.5's over the kickers? Night and day or a slight improvement. Also, anybody know if they are hard to change out on your own? It looks like they go for $325 for a pair. Thus to replace the 4 on my boat would be cheaper than buying them through the dealer on the boat.
Bennington 7 Year warranty 

I ordered the wet sounds upgrades which includes the amp sub and speakers but won't have my boat delivered till next week. I don't have anything else to compare to other than my other boat but will let you know.

I have the wet sounds on my new order ,speakers ,amp & sub . Most likely won't be taking delivery until the week of the 12th .

I can report after that if its not too late .

I had the Kicker upgrade last season they sounded good to me .

It was my wife's idea for me to get the wet sounds on the RCW .She said I can't order another boat next year . :p

Jack,

Certainly let us know. My boat is being put together on the 13th. I am tempted to order the 4 wet sounds speakers, install them and then sell the other 4 kickers on eBay. On the meantime, if anybody else has direct experience with both please speak up. Damn all these options.

I unfortunately only had my Kickers on deck power on my last RCW, so can't make a direct comparison between them. All I can vouch for is the the Wet Sounds are great! I had planned on upgrading my Kickers to Wet Sounds on my last boat, didn't think I was going to buy a new boat to go with them!! Haha

Back