What are the best trailer guide?

I also have the outside guides at the rear of my trailer.  However, I did have the stern swing out on me in a bit of wind. The rub rail took care of the issue, but the guide was bent out. Had to have a local wielding shop fix it. Hey Randy, I just got back to CA after a week in Havasu. The next time I'm out, If possible, I would like to see what inner guides you installed.

Cheers, Steve

No problem Steve, I'm in Havasu full time.

I just bought a 30ft pontoon.  We are having a really tough time loading.  The dock is pretty steep and even with the front loaded on the bunks we can never get the back to load straight.  I saw pictures of the outer guides but would want something around 50 inches.  Can anyone point me somewhere to buy a set?  Or if there may be something better out there?  

Can't really recommend a set as my trailer came with the rear guides already installed.  But, the nice feature I like on mine is that they float up when the trailer is dunked so I'd suggest something similar.

My dealer installed 12' guides on the outside. I haven't put the boat back on the trailer yet so I don't know how well they work.

I thought these were typically put on the inside though?????

Yes, normally they are inside. If you somehow get scratches from guides it doesn't show there so much or show the rubbed off Sharkhide if you have it.

Back