What are the changes for the 2015 G models

JBL

Reaction score
Anybody know what changes Bennington is making for the 2015 models.  I ordered a 2250GSR 3 weeks ago and I understand, according to the forums, with a build date sometime in Sept. it will be a 15 with any new changes Bennington does for the new year.  Just would like to know......of course the long wait is killing me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of the manufacturers' dealer meetings usually happen right about now, so I imagine they'll start coming back with some news. They do like to be the first to know to stay a step ahead of us and the manufacturers want dealers to commit to as many build slots as possible.

It shouldn't be long now. Manitou's are already out with their new blacked out tower boats, sort of like someone else we know who already did that last year!

Thanks Jack, looks like a couple of changes.  Do you think the underseat cooler would be in the front corner like the Q?  Maybe there will be some more suprises.  Hope to see my new ride in a month or so.

The under seat cooler on my RCW is under the starboard corner seat .

I haven't used it yet .I prefer the AO Coolers . Today  it still had ice from Sunday 

I will have to check out the AO cooler.  Are they the softside coolers?  My son in law has a yetti, but it is a bit bulky.

On our 2014 gsr2250 the front starboard corner seat has a cooler in it.  Basically a place to throw ice and your drinks for the afternoon with a drain stopper in the bottom.....kind of like a plastic tub.  We use it to store our anchor in since it drains out to the lake and has the nice plastic liner in the seat to keep the boat a little cleaner.  Besides we have an igloo max cold on wheels that we take out if we have a lot of guests on board.  For her and I we have a nice soft side cooler on wheels that we pile the beach towels and our catch all bag on top of to head down to the boat.

http://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Cube-Maxcold-Roller-70-Quart/dp/B000F6UJ5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407876153&sr=8-1&keywords=igloo+max+cold

I'll get a few pics this weekend when we are at the lake.

I use the under-seat cooler all the time. Bennington actually insulated it decently and the ice hangs around for the better part of a day and half.

Keep in mind that a warm day up here in CNY is in the mid 80's. Those of you that live in other parts of the country that bake in the summer sun, well your mileage might vary.  :)

Good to know how it can be used.  Short trips...inboard cooler, longer trips larger cooler.  I like the anchor idea also.  Have to see if mine will fit.  Indian Lake Bum, looking forward to the pics.

I order the reverse panel colors on mine, champagne panel with regatta blue accent.  My wife likes the color combo and maybe it won't water spot so bad.

I order the reverse panel colors on mine, champagne panel with regatta blue accent.  My wife likes the color combo and maybe it won't water spot so bad.
That's the color combo I have on my 2275 GCW and I love it. Definitely hides the spots better than my black 22 SSX. 

pineview-24th-1.jpg

Reactions: JBL
Mine is a 2015. I have no ideal how it is different from a 2014. It has the cooler. I've never used it. (In my area, the summer temps run up to 122.) I keep a 70 qt hard cooler on the boat and my AO cooler fits perfect inside it. For what's it worth, AO coolers is only 10 minutes from my Riverside house. I love their products.

Cheers, Steve

Looks sharp!  I like the way you mounted the VHF antenna.  I have a handheld unit for now.  Glad to know the color combo will be easier to maintain.  My last toon was black too.  What a pain on salt water.  It appears you have shark hide on your toons.  I have ordered mine with the factory option, but have a quart on hand for touch ups.

SSC, I will have to try one of the AO coolers.  Everyone speaks highly of them.  Good to have options.

I picked up my 2015 GSR on Thursday. Although I didn't order an upgraded radio it came with a blue tooth radio ( my teenage kids where excited) The only other thing I have noticed is it has the engraved Bennington cleats which I didn't expect. This is my first Bennington so I may be missing some changes.

I believe the engraved cleats were an upgrade (ours doesn't have them) but I have seen gsr's with the engraved cleats in the marina showroom.  I wish I had the upgraded stereo with the bluetooth and usb upfront....only because it lights up blue and would match everything else in out boat.   I find it hard to shell out 200 bux for the upgrade just to get a blue lighted radio......hmm I do have the sony cd mp3 w/usb on the front out of my car that I'm using the remote from to control the head unit in the boat and it lights up blue.  Now you got me thinking and that usually isn't a good idea :rolleyes:

What radio model do you have? Some models you can change the color of the lights.

Indian Lake Bum, I think that is how PADS starts. I am looking forward to any surprises. Dealer called to day.....build date is the week of Sept. 8. Should be ready after my motorcycle trip the weekend of the 18th. I am so ready!

I ordered the M6 I think, it's the one the ipod goes inside.

I ordered the M6 I think, it's the one the ipod goes inside.
If you have one of the new Ipod's/Iphone's with the lightning connector, they currently do not have the adapter .They only offer the 30 pin 

connector  .

If you happen to find one please post the link .

This is the 30 pin

sml_gallery_4015_351_26177.jpg

Back