What color to pick- so hard to decide

Having a hard time deciding which color combo looks best or Champagne only. So hard to choose .... H

• Champagne/Matador Red accent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black/Matador Red accent

• Champagne/Black accent

• Champagne-no accent

• Regatta Blue-no accent

• Total voters
I doubt that Link. According to Suzi, the boat has to last another 10 years.  :eek:  

BUT, she can change her mind ...... and you have to listen ..  :p

I doubt that Link. According to Suzi, the boat has to last another 10 years.  :eek:  

I still love my boat so maybe we can go together

Well, due to circumstances beyond our control, we may have to shelf the "R" plan.....  :(

Due to some possible changes with wife's work, we are scaling back our budget, going from a stretch to frugal. It sucks, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I ran some numbers, and feel comfortable with a GCW Blackout budget, and worst case drop the Blackout and just throw in the accent stripe .... it's still a beauty, and it will definitely cover our "needs" ..... I sure will miss my "want" of the sloped sides on the R ........ but hey, I'm a optimistic person .... at least we still may end up with a new boat with rear loungers. :wub:

Smart move. So a GCW or swingback in the G?

Smart move. So a GCW or swingback in the G?

GCW. The swingback does not offer the forward facing captains co-lounger option and that's one of her "must haves", so I won't win that battle.... :blink:

I just soooooo wished they'd have the swingback side-rail option on a GCW. I'm sure I could have it quoted, but the cost would probably be prohibitive. Who knows, maybe I should check that out ...hmmmmmmm  ;)

If you're settling, why don't you just wait for the right boat or finances?

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl doesn't know what happens to the body once it gets infected with PADS.....

Mainly cause we'll never afford a "Q"  :D  and finances is within our intended  "safe budget" and I started getting carried away and really stretched our comfort zone.  ;)

We want to do it now, as we "plan" on retiring in 11 years and I don't want to wait any longer (10 year finance). We can always pay extra with the "G" and payoff early if everything job wise stays as is, but the "R" had no budget "give" to add a lot of extra to payment, and I'd rather be safe than sorry. We are still discussing our decision, and may just go to a 22' basic RCW ....  :blink:

I'd hold off. You have an awesome boat now and if you "settle" now and kick yourself in a year or 2 if things perk up. Just my 2 cents. I settled on many a thing... house lot size, house location... etc, etc. Finally I said to hell with it and stretched my means last year and put in the pool. Best thing I've ever done!

Where are the pictures of this pool?

And Dave, if you are retiring and moving south it may be more advantageous to get a hull setup that can handle more hp if you move. Although we live in MI we ordered the saltwater package and sealed strakes in the event we move south. Didn't want to be forced into another boat.

Hobbies...

And Dave, if you are retiring and moving south it may be more advantageous to get a hull setup that can handle more hp if you move. Although we live in MI we ordered the saltwater package and sealed strakes in the event we move south. Didn't want to be forced into another boat.

I've got to agree Carl and Jared about holding off for a while. Settling for a boat that is not your absolute  "have to have" boat,is not a wise decision. I'd wait until next year to see if you feel the same. Just my two cents!

Trust me, I hear ya, but actually, the GCW was the original plan, but we "talked" ourselves into a RCW by not sticking to our intended budget. $10 here, $10 there, and we were $90 over our original budget. The GCW will easily suit all our needs. The problem is when we added our "desires". My biggest argument for doing it NOW. Who knows if I will be around 5 years from now, or 1 year or 6 months....... My brother has spent his life working and saving taking one or two weeks vacation (ours is every weekend on the Benni) and almost died at my age from a stroke. My wife has been through 5 years of biopsies and thank goodness they been negative each year.  

Not me boys and girls, if I go, it will be with a smile on my face , kicking and screaming, and enjoying every minute of life on our GCW this spring .....  ;)  

We have no kids to let it to ...... no family that needs it ....... and we are going to enjoy it while we can.   :D

Andy,

i thought about that, but even 150 would be way overkill for us, but would still be plenty, and if the day comes that that becomes a concern, we will add a center toon as others have done. I really don't foresee that need though. Anything over 10mph is too fast for Panthergirl.  :lol:

Actually my dream is a leisurely 5-10 mph cruise down the intracoastal someday. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Then again, we have not completely given up on the "R" .....  :lol:

Still running numbers and options. I'm thinking we'll be able to get our needs and maybe a couple reasonable wants, and stay close to our original budget. 

Then again, we have not completely given up on the "R" .....  :lol:

Still running numbers and options. I'm thinking we'll be able to get our needs and maybe a couple reasonable wants, and stay close to our original budget. 

I'm so  :wacko: with this thread!!!!

Did you make an offer to the dealer on the boat you want? the margins are pretty high on boats. You can always come up in price. I would try a low number and let the dealer counter. Won't hurt.

So, after running numbers, wants, needs, typical and potential future usage (camper enclosure?), and "checking my ego" at the door, we are probably going to go with a nicely optioned GCW. Even though I will miss my R elevated helm, we can load up on the G options and still come in around $4500 under our "preferred" R build. I figure if they do a redesign down the road, I can always swap out my helm ...  ;)  So here's the tentative build (accent panel's a "discussion" right now).

Anyone have the wash-down? Is it a fresh water tank, or raw water draw?

• • 23GCW -YAMAHAPKG
  • • 20 HP 4 STROKE 20 IN
  • • Yamaha Pre-Rig
  • • Panel - Matador Red
  • • Accent - Midnight Black
  • • Canvas - Midnight Black
  • • Blackout (SX/G)
  • • Crystal Cap (SX/G)
  • • Bimini White Ice LED Lighting
  • • Bimini Top Curved - Not Lighted
  • • 4 Step Stainless Steel Ladder Upgrade
  • • Tuscan Dune
  • • Sport Upholstery Upgrade (G)
  • • Co-Captain Lounge (Forward Facing Lounge) 23 GCW
  • • Recliner Upgrade - Extra Wide (G)
  • • Stern Lounge Upgrade (23/25GCW)
  • • Bow Rectangular Table (Graywood)
  • • Interior Accent - Perforated Sunset Red
  • • Graywood
  • • Custom Wheel Upgrade with Piano Black Accents
  • • Elevated Helm
  • • Kicker KMC10 Stereo Upgrade G Series
  • • Seagrass Beige Full Flooring (22/24)
  • • Dock Lights in LED Stainless Housing (G)
  • • Black Rub Rail Insert (Blackout Package)
  • • Heavy Duty Rub Rail (22/25) Includes: (901011 - Premium Stainless Steel Cleats)
  • • Pop Up Cleats (Bow)
  • • Pop Up Cleats (Aft)
  • • Washdown (CW OB)

That will be one slick boat. As for the washdown I think it draws from the lake.

Back