What did you do to/for your Bennington, today?

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
if you've checked out the "what did you name your boat" thread, you know that I just got my name graphics and installed them recently.

Today, I just received my new prop. My boat came with a 3 blade, 15P prop. I ordered a 4 blade 13P and installed it this afternoon. Can't wait to see how it performs. Now, I have a spare prop just in case....

What did you do for your Benny?

I took my bimini top, boot cover and Waverunner cover to the Wishy Washy.  Despite scrubbing the tops with 303 Canvas cleaner, the mold remains on the underside of the covers.  The top side of the covers look okay, however.

What do you think caused the mold/mildew? Did you store the bimini wet, or did it just appear from normal use? So far, I'm very careful not to put the boot on it until I know it's completely dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my bimini top, boot cover and Waverunner cover to the Wishy Washy.  Despite scrubbing the tops with 303 Canvas cleaner, the mold remains on the underside of the covers.  The top side of the covers look okay, however.
Bamaman, I took my bimini off the boat on Sunday and brought it home with me along with the boot cover.  I was going to wash mine tomorrow, did you use a gentle cycle as that was what I was planning on using?  I also have some black mold on mine, and want to try getting it off

I found more damage from the moron at my previous marina  :angry:

New Area Video 

That's a pretty waterway... and busy!  Sorry you had more damage.

Went to the slip and wiped the ring around the outer toons with a mop head. Going to have to take it out tomorrow and clean the outdrive and the inside of the toons that I couldn't reach today......

Also started my trailer bunk renovation. Took 2 bunks off today and removed the carpet thinking I could reuse them. Not in bad shape. Then I figured why put 11 yr. old carpet on brand new boards......going to have to look for carpet for the bunks now.......best place to get them gentlemen?!?

Little bit of bleach/water in a spray bottle will make that disappear......

Nice Jack! Is that whole passageway a No Wake zone?!? Must take a while to get through eh?!?

Mark, you don't need gentle cycle, use heavy duty.

What do you think caused the mold/mildew? Did you store the bimini wet, or did it just appear from normal use? So far, I'm very careful not to put the boot on it until I know it's completely dry.
My boat's hanging in a boathouse year round, and I attribute it to high humidity of the water.  The Waverunner will sometimes catch some blowing rain on windy days.

You're right about using the boot only when everything's dry.

I took the bimini and cover off yesterday, too, to bring home and wash.  I think we have had it open once in four years.  Yesterday was twice and it was filthy.  There were lots of nasty spider nests and a couple hornet nests.  Scrubbed and washed them today and they look good as new.  Applying 303 protectant tomorrow.

Then I figured why put 11 yr. old carpet on brand new boards......going to have to look for carpet for the bunks now.......best place to get them gentlemen?!?
Lowes sells 8' x 12' rolls of indoor/outdoor for around $20.  I haven't redone the bunks yet but used some on the blocks I made to shim the guide boards closer to the pontoons. Not an exact match to the original carpet but close enough.

It looks good Maynard. Thanks!

Nice Jack! Is that whole passageway a No Wake zone?!? Must take a while to get through eh?!?
Yes it is no all wake ,takes about a half hour to get to either Burt Lake to to the South West and about the same to to get to Mullett Lake to the North East 

Jack, you need to do a normal speed version. I can sit for hours watching videos of boats cruising the waterways. I think I've watched every decent one on the ICW. 

Went to the slip and wiped the ring around the outer toons with a mop head. Going to have to take it out tomorrow and clean the outdrive and the inside of the toons that I couldn't reach today......

Also started my trailer bunk renovation. Took 2 bunks off today and removed the carpet thinking I could reuse them. Not in bad shape. Then I figured why put 11 yr. old carpet on brand new boards......going to have to look for carpet for the bunks now.......best place to get them gentlemen?!?
My  bunks don't have carpet on them. It's what looks like hard, formed plastic or poly that covers the wood. Not sure if that's better or worse than carpet. 

I don't know if you can see it from this shot, but it's about the best I have right now.

Commodore - A friend took his SeaRay on that a couple of times. He's trying to talk my wife and me into doing it. Sounds fun. I'd also like to do the Antrim county lakes (Elk, Skeegamog, and Torch)

Jack, you need to do a normal speed version. I can sit for hours watching videos of boats cruising the waterways. I think I've watched every decent one on the ICW. 
I was going to take the GoPro today ,mount it to the arch and let it run .Last night my wife invited our friends to go out with us ( I am good with that ) I don't to be rude and be watching from my Ipod while we have guests .Rain is called for ( and needed ) Wednesday so maybe Thursday .

In the mean time ( not me ) 

Back