What do you do?

Have been a practicing Obstetrician going on 25 years. Have delivered thousands of babies, and probably a 1/4 of those by C-Section. Some were primary, some emergent, some repeat and some were elective. Our first boat was named "Sea-Section", and when it came to name our new boat, we considered "Repeat Sea-Section", but our new boat is so much nicer than our old deck boat that I nixed that name. We considered "Emergent Sea-Section", but decided upon "Elective Sea-Section".

I guess I should update mine. I'm still retired. :cool:
And for those that haven't looked through all of the posts, I used to be a Porsche and Mercedes technician.

I am a high school teacher in wild wonderful West Virginia. Attention was given to our state when every county in WV went out on strike last month. We were successful in our negotiations and caused a movement now where several other states are striking. The bad side is that I now have to work further into the summer and I have a new boat coming!! My husband (who got to retire at 55) and our teenage daughter will be burning up the fuel out on the lake while I’m educating the youth of America! Lol

From a Michigan H.S. teacher, much respect and support from the MEA to all of you in WV, Tenn., Ok, and now Az. Sad educational times we live in, but you all did what was needed, and have inspired the rest of us. Here’s to you getting to summer and enjoying the new boat.

I deliver smiles. Yup, I deliver all those things you were too embarrassed to buy in the store so went online, or that new phone because you dropped your old one in the toilet. Just a courier. Not with a national company anymore, just a handful of guys in old white creeper vans that deliver almost every shipping company around. We do UPS, FedEx Express, DHL, Canpar, Loomis, ICS, Gardewine. So realistically,everything except Purolator (my old job), Canada Post(worked there too) and FedEx ground. Keeps us busy!

With everyone buying online now that will be a growing field. We’re a ways off from drone deliveries.

I am a high school teacher in wild wonderful West Virginia. Attention was given to our state when every county in WV went out on strike last month. We were successful in our negotiations and caused a movement now where several other states are striking. The bad side is that I now have to work further into the summer and I have a new boat coming!! My husband (who got to retire at 55) and our teenage daughter will be burning up the fuel out on the lake while I’m educating the youth of America! Lol
We spent alot of time on Tygart Lake, you live in a beautiful state.

WV Girl, where in Ohio do you boat??

Ahhh, the good ole MWCD!!! I have a dock at Tappan Marina, this is my first year with a pontoon. We used to camp at the lake park for about 12 years. Kids got older and lost interest/moved away. I had a runabout for skiing and tubing. Now the wife and I are more into floating and socializing at slower speeds! Where do you live in WV? I am in Toronto 6 miles north of Steubenville right on the Ohio River.

Ahhh, the good ole MWCD!!! I have a dock at Tappan Marina, this is my first year with a pontoon. We used to camp at the lake park for about 12 years. Kids got older and lost interest/moved away. I had a runabout for skiing and tubing. Now the wife and I are more into floating and socializing at slower speeds! Where do you live in WV? I am in Toronto 6 miles north of Steubenville right on the Ohio River.

I live in Moundsville. We used to camp at Tappan Lake every year when I was a kid. We have a pontoon with a 25 Johnson and our daughter doesn’t think it is very exciting. For her 16th birthday she tells everyone that she wants a boat and not a car! (Don’t know how she’ll get to basketball practice come Fall. Lol) We only have a few more years until college and boating is such a great family activity! This is our first Bennington and we put a 115 Yamaha Vmax on it. Hopefully, that will be more exciting for her!! In fact, we named her Lakyn, because we spend so much time on the Lake

I live in Moundsville. We used to camp at Tappan Lake every year when I was a kid. We have a pontoon with a 25 Johnson and our daughter doesn’t think it is very exciting. For her 16th birthday she tells everyone that she wants a boat and not a car! (Don’t know how she’ll get to basketball practice come Fall. Lol) We only have a few more years until college and boating is such a great family activity! This is our first Bennington and we put a 115 Yamaha Vmax on it. Hopefully, that will be more exciting for her!! In fact, we named her Lakyn, because we spend so much time on the Lake
Deep Creek is VERY nice!!! You can see how the other half lives for sure. We went there in the fall with the boat and some friends in the fall a few years back, beautiful!!!

Mainly at Seneca Lake but we will go to Salt Fork at times. We also want to boat at Deep Creek, Maryland.
I keep my boat at Deep Creek, I had to leave Tygart due to my wife"s health. She could stand the cooler temps at Deep Creek better than the warmth of Tygart. I bought a new tri toon last year and hope to have it in the water this coming Tuesday.

My daughter, not the boat! Lol.

Commercial banking for Frost Bank in Houston. I specialize in the maritime industry - barges, tug boats, offshore supply boats, shipyards, warehouses, etc... typically $5 Million to $25 Million deals - which sounds high-powered but its not much more complicated than your home mortgage. (did you know Houston has the largest port in the country by annual tonnage and cargo value?)

Graduated from the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (did my 8 years payback in the Naval Reserve), got an MBA at Notre Dame in '78 and went to work for Exxon in their marine department (now called SeaRiver Maritime). Had an opportunity to move into the banking world after 20 years at Exxon. Would have retired by now but the Great Recession was not kind to us, and I'm actually having a good time because I have really cool customers (companies like this: http://www.chouest.com/) and I like my health benefits! Also, my Bank likes "senior" experienced industry folks representing them, so I feel appreciated.

Grew up as an Air Force brat, mostly in Europe and North Africa. Didn't really come back stateside permanently until 8th grade. Dad was a C130 pilot and retired out of the Pentagon as a Lt. Col.

Bought my Bennington from my sister-in-law after my brother passed about two years ago. Before that I sailed (and raced) a Hobie 18 magnum. Rocket-ship with sails (before carbon-fiber and foils!)

Last edited:
I’m a power engineer at a uranium facility in Canada.

All these retirees on here are making me jealous. Unfortunately I still have quite a few working years ahead of me.

New to this site we just made our first Bennington purchases, 2018 23ssbxp, 150 yamaha twin toon hopfully get delivery by the end of this week. I own a Mechanical contracting firm "commercial plumbing and HVAC" I have been in the industry for 18 years started right out of high school worked for a couple of other contracting firms, took the good left the bad and started my own 4 years ago and have never looked back. I currently have 14 of the best employees a guy could ask for. "one team one dream"

Back