What happened to my speed?

You should call the dealer again and insist they take it back in immediately because something is not right. They're treating it as a NEW issue. You need to convince them they did something very wrong and it is part of the unfinished PRIOR issue so they should take it right back in. If they don't using it could make it into a very expensive repair and YOU will probably get the blame for not taking it in.

I ended up letting my marina look at it.... and the verdict!! Water in the starboard toon. Apparently in pretty bad shape, which I can understand since I bought it at an outrageous good price and could see some previous spots that were repaired.

Here is what the marina said....
"Our welder finished up your boat and we got the skirting pop riveted back on. We had to remove the skirting on the starboard tube so the welder could get to a spot to weld. We ran the boat this morning and it ran 47 mph. The starboard tube and the middle are in bad shape. The starboard tube was not original to that boat. It was added at some point. There were multiple places that leaked when he pressure tested the starboard tube. He welded all those up and pressure tested it. He welded all the places he could find on the middle toon but could not pressure test it because of your ski locker. My welder said he could not guarantee that these toons wont leak again when you get some big wave action because there are so many places that have been welded and ground down previously."

Now to start checking into how much replacing that toon will cost but hopefully that will be a winter "to do".

Wow. That’s rough news. I hope you can make progress on how to proceed with replacements. Yikes.

I ended up letting my marina look at it.... and the verdict!! Water in the starboard toon. Apparently in pretty bad shape, which I can understand since I bought it at an outrageous good price and could see some previous spots that were repaired.

Here is what the marina said....
"Our welder finished up your boat and we got the skirting pop riveted back on. We had to remove the skirting on the starboard tube so the welder could get to a spot to weld. We ran the boat this morning and it ran 47 mph. The starboard tube and the middle are in bad shape. The starboard tube was not original to that boat. It was added at some point. There were multiple places that leaked when he pressure tested the starboard tube. He welded all those up and pressure tested it. He welded all the places he could find on the middle toon but could not pressure test it because of your ski locker. My welder said he could not guarantee that these toons wont leak again when you get some big wave action because there are so many places that have been welded and ground down previously."

Now to start checking into how much replacing that toon will cost but hopefully that will be a winter "to do".
How was that boat damaged so badly? You said it had only 24 hours on it? Or was that only the motor with 24 hours? Must have been neglected or in some sort of boating accident since one of the toons was already replaced?

How was that boat damaged so badly? You said it had only 24 hours on it? Or was that only the motor with 24 hours? Must have been neglected or in some sort of boating accident since one of the toons was already replaced?
The ladies that owned it, had it tied up at a dock, big storm came through, it broke away from the dock and floated down getting banged up along the way, from other docs, trees, anything in the way. Instead of repairing, they just bought another one and traded it in. The dealer had fixed it supposedly and said it didn't leak. I'm already replacing damaged seats and even if I have to replace a toon, I'll still make money if I decide to sell, which my wife says she won't let me. She loves her boat.

I found out what it would take to replace the toon from a dealer:
Starboard Toon - $4300
Freight - $1300
Installation - $1000

Needless to say, I'll be using a welder as long as I possibly can. So far so good, no more leaks.

Back