what is the best fenders / clips 2016 R25

www.ezfender.com Here ya go and congrats on the new boat. What's the specs and we like pictures.

Last edited:
I had the Taylor Fender Locks on my last boat and loved them. They are inexpensive, easy to use, work great, and are low profile. The grandkids would fight over who got to put the fenders on! My only complaint is they are only available in stainless steel. The new boat I just took possession of has the blackout package so I want black fender locks. I have looked everywhere and cannot find the Taylor Fender Locks on black. The only black ones I have found are the EZFender. They are more expensive and higher profile. If anyone has found the Taylor Fender Locks in black, please let me know.

I have blackout. You barely notice them.

I like the Taylor Made plastic clips. Easily slips over the rail and you can place them about anywhere on the boat. Wont Wont scratch the rails either...

+1. We really like ours. Easy to use, durable and inexpensive.

EzFender also and for the fenders GO BIG, so much better protection

I use the plastic clip on ones as well. Our boat sits on a lift so I only need them when tying up to the local city dock or at the ramp once a year. No need for fenders bouncing around all year on the side of the boat. You can move them to where you need them which is nice depending on slip or dock length. Nothing worse than having a fender in a fixed location and you pull up to a dock and it is useless.

Last edited:
We have the ez fender, love them, easy to use and adjust height of the fenders.

Our boat also sits on a lift 90% of the time and only occasionally need the fenders. But when we do, I like fastfender to attach to the rails. https://fastfender.com They are made to allow for variable length, but I have set mine to be fixed length.

I used Fastfenders on my deck boat round rails. (not sure how they would work on square railings of a Bennington). They were the best solution I ever found for round rails. For those that use the EZ Fenders, is it hard to thread the line through the EZ Fender every time yo want to hang fenders? It doesn't seem like a fast-connect system. (I do not boat around with the fenders attached and bouncing off the sides...I only put them out when needed.)

I normally don’t boat with the fenders hanging either. Very easy to remove the Taylormade plastic clips when out and replace/position when needed.

I used Fastfenders on my deck boat round rails. (not sure how they would work on square railings of a Bennington). They were the best solution I ever found for round rails. For those that use the EZ Fenders, is it hard to thread the line through the EZ Fender every time yo want to hang fenders? It doesn't seem like a fast-connect system. (I do not boat around with the fenders attached and bouncing off the sides...I only put them out when needed.)

It takes 2 seconds to feed the line through. I'm very happy with mine.

I had the Taylor Fender Locks on my last boat and loved them. They are inexpensive, easy to use, work great, and are low profile. The grandkids would fight over who got to put the fenders on! My only complaint is they are only available in stainless steel. The new boat I just took possession of has the blackout package so I want black fender locks. I have looked everywhere and cannot find the Taylor Fender Locks on black. The only black ones I have found are the EZFender. They are more expensive and higher profile. If anyone has found the Taylor Fender Locks in black, please let me know.

You may want to try dying them with fabric dye. I use to race scale models and we used this method dye plastic and nylon parts.

This gets asked somewhat regularly on these forums. I know I was asking this question when we got our Bennington. The most common answers are above in abundance: EZ Fenders or Taylor Made. Based on that, I’d go with one or the other (we did).

If you want easy on and off, or flexibility with placement, then I agree with others that the Taylor Made are best. We went in that direction because we keep ours on a lift, and only rarely need actual bumpers placed out for docking. We have the Blackout rails, and these easy on and off durable plastic clips don’t mess it up at all.

However, many LOVE their the EZ fenders. I think they give a more polished or permanent “built-in” look. We were originally going to get these until some people steered me towards the Taylor Made. I think they are very nice looking and seem to work great for those that have them. I think of them as better suited for more regular use of bumpers, but may just be my perspective.

Since the Taylor Made or cheap, flexibility, and non-permanent, I’d start there. Not much loss in $ if you don’t like them, and then switch over to the EZ Fenders. Low risk and low cost trial of them...?

Last edited:
I use the Scotty system on my Benny, and the huge fenders.

www.ezfender.com Here ya go and congrats on the new boat. What's the specs and we like pictures.
I have to agree. Ezfenders are easy to install and easier to use! I have the blackout package and you cant even tell that they are there! Look factory!

Back