Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

what is the best fenders / clips 2016 R25

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by Rickybobby571, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Rickybobby571

Rickybobby571 Member

Just bought a used R25 and need to purchase fenders and clips. any advise? Thanks

2. cwag911

cwag911 Moderator

www.ezfender.com Here ya go and congrats on the new boat. What's the specs and we like pictures.

RodEarl74 likes this.
  3. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  4. sjhorner9475

sjhorner9475 Well-Known Member

I had the Taylor Fender Locks on my last boat and loved them. They are inexpensive, easy to use, work great, and are low profile. The grandkids would fight over who got to put the fenders on! My only complaint is they are only available in stainless steel. The new boat I just took possession of has the blackout package so I want black fender locks. I have looked everywhere and cannot find the Taylor Fender Locks on black. The only black ones I have found are the EZFender. They are more expensive and higher profile. If anyone has found the Taylor Fender Locks in black, please let me know.

5. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

I have blackout. You barely notice them.

6. the-little-B

the-little-B Well-Known Member

I like the Taylor Made plastic clips. Easily slips over the rail and you can place them about anywhere on the boat. Wont Wont scratch the rails either...

Vikingstaff, swiftm and lakeliving like this.
  7. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  8. swiftm

swiftm Well-Known Member

+1. We really like ours. Easy to use, durable and inexpensive.

lakeliving likes this.
  9. trumanlakebum

trumanlakebum Member

10. Link

Link Moderator

EzFender also and for the fenders GO BIG, so much better protection

Spoiledrotten likes this.
  11. lakeliving

lakeliving Well-Known Member

I use the plastic clip on ones as well. Our boat sits on a lift so I only need them when tying up to the local city dock or at the ramp once a year. No need for fenders bouncing around all year on the side of the boat. You can move them to where you need them which is nice depending on slip or dock length. Nothing worse than having a fender in a fixed location and you pull up to a dock and it is useless.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  12. Mike31406

Mike31406 Well-Known Member

We have the ez fender, love them, easy to use and adjust height of the fenders.

13. Charlie_Lake_Conroe

Charlie_Lake_Conroe Member

Our boat also sits on a lift 90% of the time and only occasionally need the fenders. But when we do, I like fastfender to attach to the rails. https://fastfender.com They are made to allow for variable length, but I have set mine to be fixed length.

14. Chris A

Chris A Active Member

I used Fastfenders on my deck boat round rails. (not sure how they would work on square railings of a Bennington). They were the best solution I ever found for round rails. For those that use the EZ Fenders, is it hard to thread the line through the EZ Fender every time yo want to hang fenders? It doesn't seem like a fast-connect system. (I do not boat around with the fenders attached and bouncing off the sides...I only put them out when needed.)

15. swiftm

swiftm Well-Known Member

I normally don’t boat with the fenders hanging either. Very easy to remove the Taylormade plastic clips when out and replace/position when needed.

lakeliving and Chris A like this.
  16. Havasu

Havasu Well-Known Member

It takes 2 seconds to feed the line through. I'm very happy with mine.

Chris A likes this.
  17. Deano

Deano New Member

You may want to try dying them with fabric dye. I use to race scale models and we used this method dye plastic and nylon parts.

18. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

This gets asked somewhat regularly on these forums. I know I was asking this question when we got our Bennington. The most common answers are above in abundance: EZ Fenders or Taylor Made. Based on that, I’d go with one or the other (we did).

If you want easy on and off, or flexibility with placement, then I agree with others that the Taylor Made are best. We went in that direction because we keep ours on a lift, and only rarely need actual bumpers placed out for docking. We have the Blackout rails, and these easy on and off durable plastic clips don’t mess it up at all.

However, many LOVE their the EZ fenders. I think they give a more polished or permanent “built-in” look. We were originally going to get these until some people steered me towards the Taylor Made. I think they are very nice looking and seem to work great for those that have them. I think of them as better suited for more regular use of bumpers, but may just be my perspective.

Since the Taylor Made or cheap, flexibility, and non-permanent, I’d start there. Not much loss in $ if you don’t like them, and then switch over to the EZ Fenders. Low risk and low cost trial of them...?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  19. Spoiledrotten

Spoiledrotten Well-Known Member

I use the Scotty system on my Benny, and the huge fenders.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  20. RodEarl74

RodEarl74 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Ezfenders are easy to install and easier to use! I have the blackout package and you cant even tell that they are there! Look factory!

Link likes this.