What is the meaning behind your username?

I was in the Marine Corps from 83-87, SemperFi is our motto. It means "Always Faithful"

Kapitän

Lived on the Rhine river in Germany for 13 years serving with the USAF.

Got the nick name Kapitän from my German beer drinking friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was going to be just Bulldog, but when I was first signing up there was a glitch and then it said I couldn't use that because it was already used. I always liked Bulldogs and their original bred fearlessness of taking on a bull!! They used to just grab onto a bulls snout and lock on while being tossed around. As much as I don't agree with the action if bullbaiting, it reminded me of me and my sometimes negative aspect of not being able to just let somethings go. I was going to get one as a dog years ago, but when I did more research into their health issues, I found that it was better to be around a vet that had some more experience with the bulldog breed. I added Cadillac well, because I drive a Cadillac. My email still ends in Z24 because that was the vehicle I had at the time I made it. ow I own 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

abypfcs.  The AB are my initials.  Y is for yankee (I was born and raised in Iowa) PF is for pie-faced (I have a rather rounded full plump face) CS is for can't sing (I lied it is for another CS that I did not think was board appropriate)

When I lived in Olive Branch, Mississippi I made a long birdie putt at the end of the round that won my a considerable amount of money, and one of my opponents yelled, why you Yankee Pie-Faced CS er.  The YPFCS has lasted for almost 20 years and in fact, is my title of my website: http://www.abypfcs.com/

The last 20 plus years of my career with the Sheriff's Office in Memphis I managed the AFIS/Latent Print unit. (AFIS = automated fingerprint identification system)  Caught many crooks with that equipment, now  I just catch trout.

abypfcs.  The AB are my initials.  Y is for yankee (I was born and raised in Iowa) PF is for pie-faced (I have a rather rounded full plump face) CS is for can't sing (I lied it is for another CS that I did not think was board appropriate)

When I lived in Olive Branch, Mississippi I made a long birdie putt at the end of the round that won my a considerable amount of money, and one of my opponents yelled, why you Yankee Pie-Faced CS er.  The YPFCS has lasted for almost 20 years and in fact, is my title of my website: http://www.abypfcs.com/
Hey AB - I took a look at your website...  I grew up a block off of Edgewood and 1st Ave.  I'm thinking you know where that is...  I lived in the Jefferson school district, but went to St. Jude and LaSalle.  Looks like you left town about the time I was born...

We were just down there playing golf on the RTJ golf course at Muscle Shoals.   It was 40 and 25 mph winds.  Coming up 18 there were white caps on the river.  Looked like a great place to boat on.  
We live at the end of the road going thru the golf courses.  Not many people have two 8,050 yard Robert Trent Jones championship golf courses on their street--and a third Robert Trent Jones 18 holes at Turtle Point Yacht Club across the lake.  Great place to retire with 3 fabulous bass lakes within 16 miles.

Mine is from school.  I went to Michigan Tech University. Played Defensive Back (cornerback) and my number was 24.  mtudb24.

Just saw this post. I've been boating for 20 plus years. This Bennington is my third boat. All named Sanity, Sanity 2 and now the Bennington is Sanity 3. Boating, being on the water with friends and family help me keep my Sanity.

Growing up in my neighborhood and even now most people call me Link rather than Mark the same as I use their last name, Stuart is my good friend Jim Stuart as is Gillespie is Don Gillespie

gold-N-rod is my big boat's name. It got that name because it's screaming yellow and I always loved how the old raceboats used hyphenated names to name their boats, i.e., slo-mo-shun. It's a 24 footer, hence the remainder of the name.

Here she is, levitating on a fine Michigan summer day. Yes, I know the sausage to clam ratio is far from equal. Sometimes that happens!  LOL

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/image/216-my-user-name-comes-from-my-big-boat-called-the-gold-n-rod/

Boring for me:  J for John, Taylor for Taylor.

I am of Hawaiian descent...........First boat was a 19 ft. Maxum bowrider named "Tiny Bubbles" (Don Ho's signature song) Our Bennington is a bit larger so we named it.......... "Big Kahuna"..............

Mines easy KC is for my name Kevin Crone and 24 is for Jeff Gordon since 1991. I miss the days of real racing!

Come Monday - Recently got married in Hawaii, in January, and this was our wedding song because we're both parrot heads. Was going to be the name of our new boat, but last minute decided to change her to Fins UP.

Wooden Pontoon  describes my boat

basslake = Bass Lake CA... Where the "Great Outdoors" movie was filmed and just 15 mile from the front Yosemite gates. My boat is docked there through the summer months. My picture to the left was taken on my boat at Bass Lake!

Back