What is your favorite anchor for the north east lakes

cyanarella

Reaction score
We're going to do a little more traveling on our boat this summer and I want to make sure I have the best anchors. I figured we'll be doing some offshore anchoring and less beaching to explore some. We want to carry 2 anchors. What are your favorites?

Box ,I have 2 ,a small for the bow  and a baby for the stern to stop the sway 

Minnkota I-Pilot, or Power Pole :D   I seldom do use my anchor, in shallow water I use the Power Pole, and in deeper water I use the anchor feature on my trolling motor.  Too lazy to throw out and retrieve anchors.  Just hit a button on my remote.

My main anchor is the 15 lb. "Digger" anchor for 8 yrs. now. Very satisfied and well made.

The family and I are selling our existing Boat Anchor to upgrade to a larger one ..... those 1 foot caps on the water are a concern ...

Black Anchor Used On Bennington SL21

$700.00 or Best Offer Shipping Not Included Pick Up Is Suggested.......... Somewhat difficult to lift out of water ... Heavy rope is suggested with leather gloves 

shopping

Last edited by a moderator:
SOLD!!!

I was going to say my favorite anchor is Ron Burgundy!  I'd like to try the box anchor, so far I just have one that collapses (kinda looks like a grappling hook when folded out) . Don't like it at all. I usually anchor in a sandy area on our lake and it really doesn't do anything. Just sucks that our Canadian dollar is so worthless right now, cost me too much to get the box. Someday. 

Derrick ,I was going to say that I am going up to Sault Ste Marie this week ,but I just checked a map and you are about 17 hours away .

It was a idea .

Box simply hasn't worked for me....and I even bought the large one.  Any wind and it drags....muck, sand....it don't matter.

I might need that huge one above...lol.

Very surprised to hear that the box doesn't work for you keithkz, we use the small in sand all the time

Back