What kind of trailer do I want?

mikeb33

Reaction score
I am getting my new 22SSRX SPS this weekend. The marina is on my lake so I will just drive it back to my slip, where it will stay until the fall. Then I will need a trailer to take it out, service it myself and the tow to indoor storage.
My last twin tube had a Karavan crank up trailer. What kind do I need for a tritoon? It's only to and from storage, about 6 miles, in the spring and fall.

Do you need the ability to lower the boat to the ground? If so you will need a crank up. But be warned they are way more expensive for a tritoon. if you don't a floaton/bunk style is the way to go.

We have a bunk style Trailmaster. Easy in Spring Easy out Fall. Then store Bennington right on the Trailer for the Winter. I have seen used Trailers also.

We have a bunk style Trailmaster. Easy in Spring Easy out Fall. Then store Bennington right on the Trailer for the Winter. I have seen used Trailers also.

This seems like the way I'll go. What length or capacity do I need for a 22ssrx w/extended aft and Yamaha 150?

I’d probably see what your dealer recommends. My 22SSXAPG came with a Heritage bunk trailer. Not sure the size.

A bunk style trailer with tandem axles is the only way to go. If the boat's a full triton, 3 sets of bunks are required. If it's the Express Tube, two sets of bunks are all that's required. I'm towing my MarineMaster trailer with a 3/4 ton diesel crew cab truck with rear air bags and brakes are kept at 100%. I'm okay towing without trailer brakes. But some states require brakes on the trailer for either one or both axles--depending on state regulations. And there's nothing like having your own trailer to allow you to do your own maintenance and take care of the trailer better.

We have a Marine Master trailer as well for both our current and former boat. We have been very pleased with it.

Still needing a trailer for end of summer take out. I saw a wolverine at a local place but it only had 2 bunks. Do I have to have 3 for a triple? I am only towing about 5 miles spring and fall. Thanks.

Have you checked out Genesis? I'm happy with how mine is holding up. Does your boat have a full center toon?

Most manufacturers have a Tritoon kit that converts a 2 bunk trailer. It was a $350 adder for the one on mine.

Mine also had only 2 bunks. They quickly added the center bunk.

Back