What next ?

Jack M

Reaction score

The winter pic's are local about 9 miles north New Years Day 2015 .Alanson Michigan

Last edited by a moderator:
6 guys and it's almost under water.   :wacko:

Can't quite tell if this is a Bennington .

Looks like Cypress Cay 

Twins must be the next big thing 

Last edited by a moderator:
how would that handle in turns? If your turning hard left do you trim down on the right to push the boat out? That is probably the fastest way to add $25 grand to the purchase price.

We have several of the Harris's with twin 300 Verado's sold by our dealer here. I haven't seen one playing particularly hard yet, but they seem to handle well in routine use. A pair of 300's will burn 55+ gph at full steam.

Gas prices are down Tom, are you having that itching feeling yet?

I don't think I'd want to turn very sharply at 80 mph...

Not for me either . 12-15 is fine with me 

Nice colors, but that thing is BLAND in styling. Kind of like a SWEET paint job on a Chevette ......

Nice colors, but that thing is BLAND in styling. Kind of like a SWEET paint job on a Chevette ......
Those Playcrafts tend to be like old Baja interior styling built onto a pontoon. Their Hampton Bay line is a little more conventional pontoon style, just as fast though (60+ with a single outboard).

One of the things about the twin setups that sort of gives me the willies is having to board in between those 2 monster motors. We had direct drive inboards for watersports for years so never worried about props all that much. Switching to the outboard Benny reinforced our safety protocol with people in the water around the prop. These twins look downright scary with regard to that.

Cool safety feature would be when ladder goes into down position, both motors would have electronic control turning them with props to outboard position.

My safety feature suggestion for boarding. Get rid of the ladder, (move it up front) and drop a third motor there!

How about just an engine kill switch when the ladder goes down. Doubles as a reminder to pull the ladder up before you can start the motor.

Back