What size and where to mount an electric trolling motor

Reaction score
Hello all,

Taking delivery of my first pontoon this spring and I am looking for opinions on what size/thrust and where to mount an electric trolling motor.

The boat is a 20' SFI.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart Eickhoff

Hello all,

Taking delivery of my first pontoon this spring and I am looking for opinions on what size/thrust and where to mount an electric trolling motor.

The boat is a 20' SFI.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart Eickhoff
Stuart,

I am going by Lake Norman Marina today and will ask the same question. I trust my Yammy, but would like a kicker (electric motor) added for a back up. (I don't see a paddle as an option) :D . I would like the electic motor to be detachable and also have a quick connect to the battery. In other words not really using it unless I have to. I will post what I learn.

Stuart,

I am going by Lake Norman Marina today and will ask the same question. I trust my Yammy, but would like a kicker (electric motor) added for a back up. (I don't see a paddle as an option) :D . I would like the electic motor to be detachable and also have a quick connect to the battery. In other words not really using it unless I have to. I will post what I learn.
Follow up.

Stuart I completely forgot to ask the question the other day while at the Marina. I apologize.

I am sure at some point someone will chime in on electric motor mount options.

Follow up.

Stuart I completely forgot to ask the question the other day while at the Marina. I apologize.

I am sure at some point someone will chime in on electric motor mount options.
Thanks for the offer though, and you are correct I see another thread is in the making.

Back