What would you pay for this boat?

Capt Salty

Reaction score
2014 SSLX Tritoon (Express Pkg) with Yamaha 115hp (78hrs).

Went for test drive. Everything seems to work well. Boat is in clean condition for its age.

I'll be using it on a lake that is less 20 square miles with a max speed of 35mph. Most useage will be loading it up and cruising the shore. Tubing not allowed, not sure if there will be any skiing or wakeboarding (not me, bad knee).

What would you pay?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190929_134106.jpg
    20190929_134106.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 46
I just sold my 22sx w/ 175 HP, 120 hrs on it and it was mint shape for 31,500

It was a 2014 as well, motor was a 2015. I should have asked for more, sold easy and fast-no trailer.

Owner is asking $29,000 with a trailer. I'm not interested in the trailer since the boat will stay on the lake. Service will be handled by dealer located at the marina.

My main concern is the 115hp not being enough power. During the test ride there was 4 of us in board. It seemed slow, but adequate. Now put 10 people in the boat and will still get up on plane???

My advice is to get what fits your needs, not what might be a great deal. My backstory, we ordered a 2013 22 sslx that was a two toon boat with lifting strakes and a yamaha 115. When we had guests on board it was very slow. We sold it after 3 months of use and ordered a 2014 24 sslx with the SPS package and a 200. Night and day difference in boating pleasure. I told my wife at the time, we either keep our 2013 and don't complain about the lack of performance, or we get what meets our needs and don't complain about the extra cost. We're both glad we upgraded from the 115.

A 115 HP will be really slow with 10 on board.

So it will be an ideal "Booze Cruise" vessel by default. That is my main intention, but like with my motorcycles I can't help but think of the old adage..."there's no replacement for displacement"

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

Back