When are posts edited ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldchuck

Reaction score
A recent thread in reference to Bennington's weld quality was recently closed as well as a thread on why threads are closed. I also had a comment taken out of that recent post. I understand that this board is paid for by Bennington but wondering if only positive comments and praise about Bennington boats are welcome. I am here prior to buying to learn all I can on Bennington boats. Anyone can have issues in manufacturing and it is customer service that makes those things right but editing or cutting out comments that the moderators do not like is presenting a definite bias toward the product and does not convey accurate information. I am not trying to be difficult just trying to understand the accuracy of information on this site.

Reactions: JDB
A recent thread in reference to Bennington's weld quality was recently closed as well as a thread on why threads are closed. I also had a comment taken out of that recent post. I understand that this board is paid for by Bennington but wondering if only positive comments and praise about Bennington boats are welcome. I am here prior to buying to learn all I can on Bennington boats. Anyone can have issues in manufacturing and it is customer service that makes those things right but editing or cutting out comments that the moderators do not like is presenting a definite bias toward the product and does not convey accurate information. I am not trying to be difficult just trying to understand the accuracy of information on this site.
I have always felt that quality control by not letting shoddy work leave the factory saves money and public relations in the end.

I frequent many product related sites on a variety of topics. Many do have heavy handed moderation, out of necessity, because some people do not behave online and do not act in a respectful way towards others or the hosting companies/sponsors.

This is probably the most transparent and even handed site I participate in, especially as company owned boards go. The moderators VERY rarely seem to step in or they make it so seamless and friendly most don't even notice. It is very well done IMHO and of course a thankless job at times (you know who you are).

Bennington definitely does not hide from issues here either. As has been said many times, they don't closely monitor the site, however ongoing rants might lead to discussion that is not considered respectful or constructive, and requires some moderation. Some threads become circular complaints adding no information other than a higher noise level.

Once Bennington becomes engaged, preferably through a dealer, they do help specific customers with issues in private, as it should be between 2 parties, with so much back and forth. Unfortunately a few dealers are not so great, so complaints pop up here in frustration or last resort. The good news is that we do actually hear back, quite often, from many customers about how "Bennington made it right", sometimes going to extra-ordinary lengths. I'm talking about rebuilding entire boats from the deck up or down. Just enter it into the search box to see. Then, show me another comparable brand that does that without the need to pay lawyers. In other cases, people are never heard from again. It's just the way it is on discussion boards.

I've met many people at Bennington from the top down, at the factory and in the field, and they absolutely, to a person, stand behind their product. If you really have so many doubts then go to the factory, like I did more than once, and see for yourself. They'll answer your questions and show you the real deal on the shop floor, so you can make an informed decision you can live with.

There is no conspiracy to be found here if that's what you're looking for. They are great people, who take pride in making the best product in the industry, and back it up long after you're on the water.

Thanks all, for your perspectives. The original poster’s concerns are being addressed.

As this is not a forum for discussing specific customer issues, I’m going to close this topic for further comments.

Per the terms when you join:
Club Bennington is a social lifestyle forum designed specifically for Bennington owners and potential owners to discuss and enjoy boating. Please refrain from posting disparaging comments or personally negative references regarding dealers, specific dealership employees or service-related issues. Service-related matters should be directed to your Bennington dealer. Bennington is not a “Factory-to-retail direct” company. Similar to other industries, we rely on dealers in the sale, service and parts distribution of our products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back