When did you replace your impeller?

cyanarella

Reaction score
I keep my boat in the water all season on a lake. I have 174 hours on it. Motor is a 115 Yamaha built in 2014. Should I do the impeller now even with the low hours when I winterize it?

I changed mine at 150 hours. We have many shallow areas and lots of sand

Every 2 years for sure

I believe Yamaha calls for every 100 hrs. "Git -R- Done".

I have a 2010 F115. Just looked at a digital copy of the owners manual and the word "impeller" does not appear in it. That being said, it does state the "thermostat" needs inspection / replacement every 200 hours. I am concluding they are talking about the impeller as well.

Boating on the lower Colorado where the water temp gets to 90 and there are allot of sand bars, we change ours every season.. Better to be safe than sorry

Timely question. Mine is being changed next week. I have it done every year along with the poppet valve and thermostats and plugs/filters. I guess it depends how much you use the boat and the conditions you use it in. Like said above, cheap insurance. The mechanic comes to my house and works on the boat on the trailer. Since he's already there, I just have him do it all while he's here to be on the safe side.

I have changed mine every 3 years. So 3 times in 11 seasons..... I'm prob due.

Reactions: GMM
My manual says replace every 3 years or 300 hours. 2015 F150XB Yamaha

I keep my boat in the water all season on a lake. I have 174 hours on it. Motor is a 115 Yamaha built in 2014. Should I do the impeller now even with the low hours when I winterize it?
Change water pump just before the start of next boat season.

Last edited:
Back