where are people mounting their fishing finders?

Hosstyle

Reaction score
I don't want to do the in dash mount behind the steering wheel. My dealer has sent me some options. This is the only one that I sorta like. What switches are being blocked behind this mounting option? (I don't have the boat yet so I don't know)

I might just get them to run the wires and figure out where I want it when I get it homefish finder.jpg

update, the switches are, Livewell ( I don't have), horn and docking lights

I think this may be my best option.

I saw something once that someone had something that went in where the cupholder hole is. Then if you ever sell there is no holes in the helm. That would also allow it to be over more for access to switches.

I can't tell if yours are lighted though.

7474D53D-A141-431F-97EF-2B8B637D19EB.jpeg 60414263-79D1-44BF-BDD0-87B00B663DC5.jpeg 7474D53D-A141-431F-97EF-2B8B637D19EB.jpeg 60414263-79D1-44BF-BDD0-87B00B663DC5.jpeg My helm layout is different but here’s where mine is.

I wanted mine on the right side, since I'm right handed. There was a 12v outlet there, and an "accessory" (phone jack thingy) installed on the left side. I swapped the locations, and put the 12v outlet on the left, and drilled out the one on the right for the cables and installed the ball to mount the RAM mount on. My RAM mount has the 4" arm, and it keeps it about eye level, above all the switches, and below the PTM mirror. Quick disconnect for theft prevention too. Not home right now, but I'll try to post a picture later. Works great.

Check out fishfindermounts.com for unique solutions to mounts. I’m planning to use one for my bow when I decide which Bennington to buy.
Im still in decision mod between an SFV or building my own in a model S which seems to have more options. Any fishing pontoon people your comments are appreciated.

Here is my location.
IMG_0774.jpeg
IMG_0774.jpeg

I don't want to do the in dash mount behind the steering wheel. My dealer has sent me some options. This is the only one that I sorta like. What switches are being blocked behind this mounting option? (I don't have the boat yet so I don't know)

I might just get them to run the wires and figure out where I want it when I get it homeView attachment 25355
I mounted my Hook 7 with a RAM ball mount through bottom of starboard cup holder. I took it out and pre assembled with stainless hardware and short pvc water pipe spacers. Cut side window in cup to pass the two cables up through. Then I can remove head from Lowrance bracket for security. Not in way at all and passengers aren't going to catch clothes on it when traveling around boat. Easy to reach switches behind it. The new cup shaped holder in earlier entry is definitely easier!

Last edited:
In the console, replaced the factory installed depthfinder

Attachments

• 92456F64-12D7-4F6F-BBCC-098AD9936E2C.jpeg
    92456F64-12D7-4F6F-BBCC-098AD9936E2C.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 32
Back