Where does the bilge drain out?

Chris A

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RSB with SPS toons and center storage. I have a bilge pump in the center toon. I was trying to figure out where the bilge pump actually drains to, but I cannot tell. When I run the bilge with the boat on my lift, looking under the boat from the stern, I can see water draining on both sides of the center toon approximately under the bilge location. It looks like the water is coming from both sides of the top of the toon and draining down the sides. Is this correct, or is there supposed to be a single hose outlet somewhere? Just curious.

Chris, funny you just posted this. Last weekend, I washed down my 2575 (with center toon and I/O engine compartment behind the center toon). I had installed a new bilge pump in the storage compartment a year ago and decided to test it. I saw the water coming out through the very narrow gap between the center toon and the engine compartment.

Not the best solution in my opinion, but at least we're both seeing the same thing.

Last edited:
On both of my ESP (2012 & 2014) the drain was in the transom higher up on the "wall" in front of the motor.

Back