Where to get small spare accessory parts??

Dennis T.

Reaction score
I lost the rubber foot for the pole that holds up the cover. I could try and find a cane foot cover but it would not match and like alot of people I need it to be right. I had them lined up in order on our marina dock to put the cover back on and when I reached to pull it to me the foot hung on the back side and "plop" went in the water and sank. So now I have one of the poles with no rubber stopper on the bottom. any ideas friends?

If you don’t want to wait to order one, just buy cane foot covers and replace all of them.

I bought them at Lowes. And...………..with the cover on. no one sees them :)

Local hardware store had a pack of four of them for about 4 bucks. I picked up a pack at the beginning of the season. I chose the white color instead of the black because the black ones were leaving marks on the floor. The work great. They weren't "crutch tips" but rather just generic "furniture tips". Measure the diameter of your poles and get the right size. Mine fit on so snugly, that glue was not necessary. An old motorcycle trick for putting hand grips on is to spray hairspray on the inside and slide them onto the metal. They will hold tight when the spray dries, but can still be removed with a lot of effort.

Our poles never leave the boat. We take them out of the rear storage area where we also keep the cover and put them on the floor in order of installation.....Yes we have them numbered.

We do the same with ours

Our poles never leave the boat. We take them out of the rear storage area where we also keep the cover and put them on the floor in order of installation.....Yes we have them numbered.

I lost the rubber foot for the pole that holds up the cover. I could try and find a cane foot cover but it would not match and like alot of people I need it to be right. I had them lined up in order on our marina dock to put the cover back on and when I reached to pull it to me the foot hung on the back side and "plop" went in the water and sank. So now I have one of the poles with no rubber stopper on the bottom. any ideas friends?

Thanks everyone as always. i will look for 4 new matching stoppers at Lowes and Wally World and use the hairspray technique. I may also leave them onboard as one of my forward storage bench seats does not have much in it. Good Stuff!!!!

I have the "In Floor" storage area, so we store them in there. I made a sleeve out of 4" pvc. Glued a cap on one end and used a female adapter and a plug on the other end. It fits all 4 poles. I also put bands of reflective tape on each (1, 2, 3, and 4 bands) to make them easily identifiable in the dark. Has worked out great.

I leave the poles under a bow lounger and put the cover in the back of the SUV while we're out on the water. I don't have the poles individually marked; just adjust them as necessary.

We lay our two rear poles on the floor with tops to rear, and front two pointing forward. If we have visitors we put them in front lounger facing same way, two forward, two rearward.
They can only fit one way when we take them out, as each pair has different lengths. No marking, no guessing.

Mine seems simple, 4 poles three are the same length, and one a bit shorter. Short one goes in the rear.

bought the stoppers today, fit snug but will still use the hairspray since i have so much at the house (daughter and wife). I will number them since middle two used to be the same length but the front one is slightly shorter and like most the back one is quite a bit shorter. I changed my storage method and now the 3rd one back is the longest. I now store the boat with the floor storage bin in the open position. I noticed when we took the boat out after several days of no use there was alot of condensation on the lid when opened and we store things down there like spare lifejackets and floats. so with that door open the pole has to be at an angle and not straight up and down so it is longer than the rest. anyone else store theirs with the floor door open?? I will store the poles in one of the front loungers so they are available as close to the point of use when putting the cover back on from front to back.

Back